Santana 1 question

mateias

Hi all,

Ah - should've titled this "questions" as there are more than one!

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for my queries.

I've been after a Santana I for some time now, but I'm particular about the figured top etc, so I'm taking my time :)

I have a Retro, which I really like. I was just curious about the micro switches - can anyone who has a 1 model comment as to how easy/hard they are to use live?

Also - in my research, I read that the first 100 models of these were signed by Carlos himself.

I've seen a few for sale that claim to be within the first 100, however I've not seen any signature - save for the control cavity cover, which I assumed was printed/lasered (due to consistency between models) - is that the signature that is being referred to?

thanks!

I have a Santana 1. Great Guitars, microswitches don’t bother me but I haven’t played out in front of a live audience but used it on jam sessions are other musicians and I don’t have a problem negotiating them. I do like the position of the two switches were I can mute the guitar in between songs. I play a lot of solos in the neck pick up so it’s one flick of the microswitch down closest to the base of the guitar to mute. I plan on using it for some recordings which I think the mute will come in handy right after finishing a solo.

I will say though to Santana II, III, and Retro three-way toggle is the easiest.

Thanks for the info. Are they configured one switch per pickup, i.e. on/off - or is one switch the selector and the other the kill switch? I've not had a guitar for a while that has microswitches.

Thanks - I thought as much, but wasn't sure. Interesting way of doing things :)

Thanks for the info, looking forward to getting one in the next few weeks!

Back