Safe room completed for guitars and amps

That’s very cool. But, I think you need a sign like this (spotted this weekend at an art gallery):

Or maybe a sign like this????

MfaH5of.jpg

Would love to go in there

“The Vault is definitely NOT AN EXIT, but once entered offers no escape.” -Confucius 11top.

Looks super cool.

That said, I used to break into rooms like this on security consulting projects and I do have a few questions...

Why are the hinge pins located outside the door? It's hard to see from the pics, but if I wanted into that room I'd immediately attack those as well as the deadbolt itself. Doors like these can be bypassed with a traveler's hook or a thick unwound guitar string if everything wasn't installed exactly right. The fact that the deadbolt is so exposed gives me the impression that I might be able to pop the door with a traveler's hook.

Also, what brand of padlocks are you using? They don't look like Master, which is fantastic. Master sells the illusion of security, but in reality their locks can be bypassed or picked in seconds. Abloy maybe?

Thanks, you are correct! And anything can be breached given time. I mean the wall could be attacked with a shape charge. Not trying to be smart, but I understand where you are coming from too with the easy or weak points. Hinges, does it or does it not have indexing pins on the inner door etc if the hinges were compromised on the outside. They waste time there, it wont come off. Please respect the fact I don't want to tell to much about the set up on a national forum etc. But I will say I thought about the hinges etc and there are some TIG welded unseen things I did since I can fabricate and weld. In the event they did get in, everything is alarmed and monitored. The cops are very close and would be here before they even breached one door. The one safe is a UL-certified TL-30 burglary protection composite unit, burglary and tool rated jewelers safe, lab tested for 30 mins against pros with power tools. Thats where a few good things could go. But the big bang I will do this fall is a full hidden room. They cant attack what they wont see. (; I used to be a lineman. Wait till they hit my 3 phase 480 Volt grid and fall into the crocodile pit. They will wish they knew about step potential at that point :) Oh and on the deadbolt. It is exposed and I am going to TIG in a 1/2 inch plate there after I make one up. Mill out a hole for the bolt to slide through that and into the sub frame. Its still locked into the frame 1/4 inch right now and cant be pried. But I have an idea for that. However thick I have to be to make it work and make it solid. All my stuff is insured, its my ammo I am worried about lol And the Nebula :) I know where that one is going.

Last edited:
Thanks, you are correct! And anything can be breached given time. I mean the wall could be attacked with a shape charge. Not trying to be smart, but I understand where you are coming from too with the easy or weak points. Hinges, does it or does it not have indexing pins on the inner door etc if the hinges were compromised on the outside. Please respect the fact I don't want to tell to much about the set up on a national forum etc. But I will say I thought about the hinges etc and there are some TIG welded unseen things I did since I can fabricate and weld. In the event they did get in, everything is alarmed and monitored. The cops are very close and would be here before they even breached one door. I fabricate and thought about a lot of things. The one safe is a UL-certified TL-30 burglary protection composite unit, burglary and tool rated jewelers safe, lab tested for 30 mins against pros with power tools. Thats where a few good things could go. But the big bang I will do this fall is a full hidden room. They cant attack what they wont see. (; I used to be a lineman. Wait till they hit my 3 phase 480 Volt grid and fall into the crocodile pit. They will wish they knew about step potential at that point :) Oh and on the deadbolt. It is exposed and I am going to TIG in a 1/2 inch plate there after I make one up. Mill out a hole for the bolt to slide through that and into the sub frame. Its still locked into the frame 1/4 inch right now and cant be pried. But I have an idea for that. However thick I have to be to make it work and make it solid. All my stuff is insured, its my ammo I am worried about lol And the Nebula :) I know where that one is going.
No worries, just pointing a few of the more widely known gotchas. Thanks for sharing your pics with us.

As far as breaches... depending on the nature and types of design or build errors, it's not a matter of enough time - it literally takes a few seconds or less to pop a door. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been told that "this computer room is totally secured, been installed to spec and reviewed by the vendor", etc. Just to give you a flavor of what I'm talking about, here's one of the more infamous people in my industry speaking at a con a while back. Highly recommended if you are building a secured room.

No I appreciate any and all input. I prey to god someone does not ever get in this place. Annie Oakley lives her and she can cut a playing card at 50 meters lol.

Last edited:
But I will say I thought about the hinges etc and there are some TIG welded unseen things I did since I can fabricate and weld.

It is exposed and I am going to TIG in a 1/2 inch plate there after I make one up.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with this and know absolutely nothing about it, so don’t try to pump me for information.

I mean, you can pump me for other reasons, but information about this? No.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with this and know absolutely nothing about it, so don’t try to pump me for information.

I mean, you can pump me for other reasons, but information about this? No.
From one ex cat burglar to a potential next, I like to throw bread crumbs lol. Let the birds pick and try to find the loaf of bread. (; And it is my recipe! Just give me the last 4 of your social please....

From one ex cat burglar to a potential next, I like to throw bread crumbs lol. Let the birds pick and try to find the loaf of bread. (; And it is my recipe! Just give me the last 4 of your social please....

Combine the pandemic with my general antisocial behavior and I don’t think I even have 4 socials.

We just don't have the same level of criminality here, nor weather, not that I have anything worth nicking either :eek::D

My area is very good as well. Some things are like a reserve parachute, never plan to use it, just good insurance.

After seeing the movie Panic Room, I vowed never to have one.

It's not that I don't think they can serve a purpose, or even be useful. I just couldn't tolerate the idea of being locked in a room with Kristen Stewart. That constant look of doom has got to weigh on you, man!

It's not that I don't think they can serve a purpose, or even be useful. I just couldn't tolerate the idea of being locked in a room with Kristen Stewart. That constant look of doom has got to weigh on you, man!
Just don’t give her the combination.
In fact, don’t give it to anyone whose name starts with a K.

Wasn’t Jodie Foster in one of these movies as well?

Back