saddle screws

mapletop

i have a se sliver sky and the screws stick up to high for me they dig into my hand.what size screws does it take?are they metric or standard? can i buy them shorter?

I have found shorter saddle screws for my Telecaster at my local Ace hardware. Take one of yours in with you and use the thread/sizing gizmo at the store to figure out what size/thread pitch you need.

I assume you are talking about the 12 Allen head screws that set the string height and curvature of the strings. If they are above the level of the block they are in, you have the action very, very low. If that is what you need, you will need to measure the diameter and thread count and get shorter ones at the hardware store, or online.

Mine stick up a little on the plain strings, thankfully it doesn’t bother me. I would guess those are metric, but probably not an unusual size. You can actually buy metric grub screws on Amazon but you’ll need to know what size. They have them specifically for guitar so you shouldn’t need any information beyond diameter and length. Though I’ve not seen them shorter than 6mm. Not sure what’s in there now.

Back