Sad guitar day / Happy guitar day

Casi1

Ehhh... Its both a sad guitar day and a happy guitar day.

Why sad?
I had to evict my PRS 513 Maple neck. I hope it goes to a good home; it is an amazingly versatile guitar. However, I am heading into back surgery (again) and the 513 was my heaviest guitar. I was able to keep everything under 7.5 lbs but the 513 didnt make the weight criteria. The only other one that I will probably need to let go is my Black S2 custom with EMG 89/81... For some reason, that S2 feels really heavy to me.

:-(

Why happy?
I finally got my PRS 408 Brazilian back from my local shop. I missed it so bad while it was gone but it came back looking like a new guitar. I didnt like any of the refin colors that PRS offered so my local guy offered to refin it using a color that he mixed on his own. Its not perfect but it looks WAY better than it did going into the shop.
a3b63f896d0870431e48024142ba7dab899ad0e9

GDaZhQ

Last edited:
Yeah I cant figure out the flickr thing. I uploaded the photo to flickr but cant figure out how to get a direct link to the photo to use here on the forum.

:-/

Yeah I cant figure out the flickr thing. I uploaded the photo to flickr but cant figure out how to get a direct link to the photo to use here on the forum.

Desktop version:

Navigate to the image you're after, locate and click the "Share" button at the bottom right.
8wvepQo.png

Click the BBCode tab, select the image size you wish from the pull-down menu, copy & paste the full URL.
Rzv7jW0.png

Using the link Dusty provided, we get:

image by N D, on Flickr

Desktop version:

Navigate to the image you're after, locate and click the "Share" button at the bottom right.
8wvepQo.png

Click the BBCode tab, select the image size you wish from the pull-down menu, copy & paste the full URL.
Rzv7jW0.png

Using the link Dusty provided, we get:

image by N D, on Flickr
Thanks... I think my problem is that my phone browser is using the mobile Flickr app and it doesn't show the options for the embedd / bbcode. I need to figure out how to get to desktop version on my phone.

Thanks... I think my problem is that my phone browser is using the mobile Flickr app and it doesn't show the options for the embedd / bbcode. I need to figure out how to get to desktop version on my phone.
Just use imgur, much easier. Post the img, copy link, paste here.

Ahh, gotcha (I should've asked!). As noted above, Imgur is a quicker fix with less hassle overall. (Though Flickr is still very handy and nice for assembling albums.)

Ahh, gotcha (I should've asked!). As noted above, Imgur is a quicker fix with less hassle overall. (Though Flickr is still very handy and nice for assembling albums.)

Thanks. I will check out Imgur. Anything is better for me than Flickr right now.

Thanks. I will check out Imgur. Anything is better for me than Flickr right now.

Imgur will definitely be much more throw & go, in browser or app form. I was unaware that the photo sharing method I posted above doesn't even exist on the Flickr app, which is quite silly.

Edited to add: Sorry to hear about the 513 going away but it's surely for the greater good.

Very bright and nice color, sober and class.

nota : sorry if I don't help you to post your pictures but as I'm french I use a French host and it would be worst for you to try it.

Imgur will definitely be much more throw & go, in browser or app form. I was unaware that the photo sharing method I posted above doesn't even exist on the Flickr app, which is quite silly.

Edited to add: Sorry to hear about the 513 going away but it's surely for the greater good.

Thanks. I'm gonna miss the 513, but not having it here removes the temptation to try to lift it/play it and risk blowing out another disk.

*Nods*

I would love to spend some quality time with a 408. Never had my hands on one.

I definitely recommend that you try one just once. I wasnt terribly impressed with the non-rosewood necked ones and the tones are not as distinct as on a 509 or 513 but what the 408 does it does very well. The switching configuration really was a genius idea.

I have noticed that my stoptail 408 sounds different than my trem 408. The trem sounds clearer and more 'alive' to me for some reason (the guitars are the same model year, same woods, same models except one has an indian rosewood neck/stoptail and the other has a brazilian rosewood neck/trem).

For both of my 408s, I love the tones I get with the neck on single and the bridge on humbucker. I also enjoy playing the bridge in single mode. If you enjoy the 57/08 pups or the Narrowfields, then I think you'd dig the 408s.

Very bright and nice color, sober and class.

nota : sorry if I don't help you to post your pictures but as I'm french I use a French host and it would be worst for you to try it.

Thanks. I was going for an understated violin amber type of color but eventually the shop mixed brown with red. I wanted the grain to be muted. The photo makes it look more red than it really is in person...

http://imgur.com/a/YsF6O

Back