SAD BUT REAL BAD EXPERIENCE WITH PRS CORE GUITARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhandy

Is making one year I buy my first CORE PRS.

One Custom 24Korina body and neck - I spend $xxxx
After I trade it for my McCarty DC 594 - $xxxx
Last Month I buy my McCarty SC 594 wood library for $xxxx
Is 3 guitars and only the McCarty 594 Double Cut have frets level.
The Custom 24 not have all frets level-
McCartySc 594 one $xxxx guitar - have 5 higher frets.
PRS tell me to send guitar to Maryland, but I have to spend more than 350$ in shipping.
My guitar tech make one awesome fretdressing for 200$.
I think is the last PRS I buy.
Or next time I have to be "suhr" all frets come leveled.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird, I have 6 and none of the frets are off.

Were they a problem when playing, or just when checked with the straight edge?

I'll ignore the poor form of insulting our hosts and ask the truly meaningful question:

Did they all play great? I'm talking at PRS spec action, not super-as-low-as-you-can-go string height. I don't give a crap what a straightedge shows if the answer is "Yes."

I invoke squirt protocol when it comes to the explanation.

And Suhr is pronounced like "Sir", so play on words insult fail.

Yeah i get it. I kind of feel bad for the guy. He’s definitely doing something wrong if every core PRS he’s had has the same problem.

Depends on whether or not it's really a problem and the guitars won't play right, or if it's a person being unreasonable.

I'm backtracking on my squirt a little, but as frets wear, they're no longer level anyway. Therefore, having perfectly level frets is not important, because the upper frets always end up taller than the ones lower down the neck that get more use. I sold my '02 HBII last year, but even with 15 years of wear resulting in divots and flattened crowns, it played fantastically. And that's just one example.

Where it DOES matter is if there is a high fret that prevents notes from ringing out properly. If that's the case with reasonable action on a new(ish) guitar, I'd be upset too. Otherwise, fret wear and maintenance just comes along with playing, unless you're using a guitar with stainless frets like Suhr, which is totally cool too. I think it's very fitting with Paul's philosophy that you should play what works best for you. So go play a Suhr or whatever, just don't bash PRS over it.

And FWIW, I've been online shopping Suhr guitars today. :cool:

Guitars with FRETS are something “NEW” where this guy lives...
Really. ..
I just like to measure things and check it.
If i spend more than $xxxxx in Prs guitars I expect the quality as all people said. Not the real unlevel frets.

One Custom 24Korina body and neck - I spend xxxx$
After I trade it for my McCarty DC 594 - $xxxx
PRS tell me to send guitar to Maryland, but I have to spend more than 350$ in shipping.

You do know that if your checking for level frets the strings should be off or slacked completely and truss rod adjusted to straighten the neck??? If you put a level on there as in your pic you will always have space under the level no matter what brand of guitar it is, it’s called relief....

Like I said in your other post -
I am surprised by your issues so let me ask a question what do you mean by level frets ?
Its is normal and needed that a neck has relief ( or bow ) you would see this when using a straight edge, This is not an issue with fret level it is a setup issue,
If you completely slack the truss rod and strings I believe most PRS necks are said to be 100% straight but would be unplayable you then adjust the Truss rod to add relief so set your action.
Like I said I have owned 20 or so PRS new and used and have played dozens more and I have yet to see one guitar have a bad fret job.
If you are buying from a dealer THEY should cover your costs of shipping to PRS ( PTC ) if you are buying used you will incure some costs.
Is it possible that you are not 100% clear on how a guitar should be set up ? ( trying not to be rude BUT 5 bad PRS in a row in a stretch )
Lots of videos on youtube easy breezy. Check out this one below

Best of luck to you

One Custom 24Korina body and neck - I spend $xxxx
After I trade it for my McCarty DC 594 - xxxx$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back