S2 Wide Fat vintage?

thefsb

I read that in the past S2 guitars all had Wide Fat. If true, what years should I be looking for if that's the neck profile I prefer?

I could be wrong but I don't think any s2 models have the wide fat carve. I'm pretty sure they are all pattern regular.
I'm pretty sure that's the case for the current products. But I read elsewhere that in the past they were all Wide Fat and that changed some years ago. If that's true then I might be interested to seek an older S2 on the used market.

My S2 Singlecut has a pattern regular and is quite similar to my WL Custom 24 with same carve.

I'm pretty sure that's the case for the current products. But I read elsewhere that in the past they were all Wide Fat and that changed some years ago. If that's true then I might be interested to seek an older S2 on the used market.
That was the case with SE guitars but not S2. The S2 line was introduced in 2013 with all S2 guitars having a Pattern Regular neck. I think the only S2 guitars without Pattern Regular are the current S2 McCarty 594 guitars with Pattern Vintage necks.

I played the Vernon Reid at John Mann's Guitar Vault. I went to the shop hoping I'd like it enough to take it home. Such a beautiful guitar. But not for me.

I'll keep an eye out for an old 22-fret SE Santana.

Back