S2 Studio

What is this? I want it.

That is a Brent Mason Signature model. It has a Korina body and bolt-on maple neck with the 25.4 scale. It has the narrow 408 pickups with a 305 single coil in the middle. Here's an ODD, but awesome feature - the middle pickup is bolted into the body, not the pickguard. The other electronics are pickguard mounted. It's really an awesome guitar.

I wanted an S2 Studio REALLY bad. I preordered one as soon as they were announced, but ended up cancelling. These days I refer to this guitar as my PRS "Studio"....after a longer than usual adjustment period it has turned out to be an AMAZINGLY versatile studio tool:

I am so happy that you didn't throw in the towel on this one!

I wanted an S2 Studio REALLY bad. I preordered one as soon as they were announced, but ended up cancelling. These days I refer to this guitar as my PRS "Studio"....after a longer than usual adjustment period it has turned out to be an AMAZINGLY versatile studio tool:

Well YEAH! Of course it is!

I've been wanting to try an S2 Studio but still haven't seen one. I'd have to fall in love because I'm still haunted by the need for a single cut with no trem. The Axis "may" cover that need though...

I am so happy that you didn't throw in the towel on this one!

Me too. It was more a matter of changing my mind set and accepting the guitar for what it is. It a cool, versatile super-strat more than anything else. Twangy? Not really. Tele tones? Not by a long shot. Every thing I WANTED this guitar to be it is not. However, it is different from all the others and brings another color to the palette, which is awesome.

Well YEAH! Of course it is!

I've been wanting to try an S2 Studio but still haven't seen one. I'd have to fall in love because I'm still haunted by the need for a single cut with no trem. The Axis "may" cover that need though...

LOL....

I feel you on the S2 Studio - if I saw one, especially in the frost green - I would probably end up with it. The biggest block for me, though, is that I already have two STD 22s - no need for a third, even though the pickups are different. Single cut with no trem? I am haunted by getting a Single Cut Trem!!!

All my high end guitars have trems. I want something without one and more LP'ish. (The Axis "may" make me forget about this though. It's decked trem gives the bottom end and bend feel of a non-trem guitar. And it sounds and plays killer!)

The Axis is a killer guitar. Does yours have the EBMM "vintage" trem? I had one of the first post EVH Axis guitars, and it had the flat mount Floyd Rose. It played killer and sounded amazing. Enjoy that beast!!

The Axis is a killer guitar. Does yours have the EBMM "vintage" trem? I had one of the first post EVH Axis guitars, and it had the flat mount Floyd Rose. It played killer and sounded amazing. Enjoy that beast!!
No, that's the Axis Sport. Mine has the Floyd. No Dtuner, but a decked Floyd. Plays like a dream and sounds like pure rock and roll. GREAT pickups!!! This guitar is so good I might get a Sport someday.

No, that's the Axis Sport. Mine has the Floyd. No Dtuner, but a decked Floyd. Plays like a dream and sounds like pure rock and roll. GREAT pickups!!! This guitar is so good I might get a Sport someday.

I had one of the original EBMM EVH guitars way back in the early 90s. I really missed that neck. Thanks to DTR spewing love thoughts about his, I had to find one. Got lucky and found one cheap, 15 miles from home. Dude was retiring and moving west. Selling most of his stuff. Good deal on it, too.

Back