S2 Starla - birds or dots

darkvoice

I've been searching for pre-owned S2 Starla guitars (the one with Bigsby) and noticed there two version of the neck:
1) Birds inlays,
2) Dots inlays.

It seems that birds inlay version is less common version, as most S2 Starlas I see have dots. Is birds version rarer?

Were both versions offered at the same time or was birds version offered during certain years?

Both versions were offered and the birds are lesser seen. I personally prefer the dots. They work better with the Starla vintage vibe, but I wouldn't kick the birds off my neck either.

That would make them full moons, as the core starla has dots, not moons...

However a fine guitar, and love the birds with the starla. Mine however has a bad vampire movie on the fretboard for position markers

Thank you for all your replies!

Did all S2 Starla come with Bigsby?
Is it possible to remove Bigsby if I don't like it?

Thank you for all your replies!

Did all S2 Starla come with Bigsby?
Is it possible to remove Bigsby if I don't like it?

I can't think of seeing an S2, but could be wrong. I've seen some listed as S2 biut they were SE. They made core. X, and SE is stoptail for sure.

The guys description is completely wrong and personally I think it's overpriced. I wouldn't buy from someone that misrepresents gear. Not knowing is one thing but saying something else is a turn off for me.

There several differences between core and S2.

Top carve
B5 vs B50
Scale length 24.5 vs 25
Neck shape pattern/WF vs pattern regular
Tuners vintage vs locking
Core pickups vs Korean pups
Core electronics vs SE
Hard case vs Gig bag

None of that probably matters if looking for a S2 and there's nothing wrong woth the S2. I like it alot! I'm only pointing out the differences to correct the ad. Both are good guitars. Just different.

So, what would be a good price for S2 Starla with birds and Bigsby?

I was offered one for $750.

So, what would be a good price for S2 Starla with birds and Bigsby?

I was offered one for $750.

As long as the guitar checks out that's a good price these days.

Talking new prices is against board rules, and even though it's used I generally limit talking too specific of prices as well. Good luck

Back