S2 Standard No covered pickups

Shides

Hi All,

I just bought a new S2 Standard 24 Satin and am really enjoying the guitar. The build date is June 2020, I believe the pickups are the 58/15S. Based on the PRS site photos advertising the guitar I was expecting the pickups to the the covered ones, however when the guitar arrived they were uncovered. Not a big deal to me but I was wondering if there was any reason for the deviation from what was advertised on the site?

I don’t think the S2 line comes with covered p/u. I just looked at the PRS website and I can see the satin models shows covered p/u. Weird.

I don’t think the S2 line comes with covered p/u. I just looked at the PRS website and I can see the satin models shows covered p/u. Weird.

I didnt either until I went to the PRS site after his post. The ones I've seen have all been uncovered. Then checked reverb and sure enough one on there too.

Hi All,

I just bought a new S2 Standard 24 Satin and am really enjoying the guitar. The build date is June 2020, I believe the pickups are the 58/15S. Based on the PRS site photos advertising the guitar I was expecting the pickups to the the covered ones, however when the guitar arrived they were uncovered. Not a big deal to me but I was wondering if there was any reason for the deviation from what was advertised on the site?

Its my understanding if your pups are uncovered you have 85/15 and covered is 58/15. I guess they are essntially the same pups besides covers.

Back