S2 Singlecut

Barquentine

What are the differences between the S2 Singlecut (no scratchplate) and the S2 Singlecut Standard (with scratchplate) ?

Thanks. I believe the S2 pickups are imported - how do they compare to the American pickups ?

Thanks. I believe the S2 pickups are imported - how do they compare to the American pickups ?
Personally, I love the S2 pickups on my Singlecut Standard. The #7 pickups seem between Dragon IIs and 57/08s - I know that I can play my S2 between my guitars loaded with those pickups (DII or 57/08) and not hear or feel a significant tonal difference. It's there, but the S2 #7 seems a nice step in the "evolution" from Dragon II to 57/08....

I've been looking at Anderton's (UK) site. They have a Singlecut (no scratchplate) at £799. The Standards go for £999. A two hundred quid difference. I would have thought that the maple top guitar would have been more expensive ? GAK are selling SE 245's for £729 . This pricing is very confusing.

I assume you've seen the frost green S2 singlecut ? I'd would buy that one for the price if I was considering a singlecut. Why they have a discount on that particulair model I don;t know.
And it has Birds:D

I assume you've seen the frost green S2 singlecut ? I'd would buy that one for the price if I was considering a singlecut. Why they have a discount on that particulair model I don;t know.
And it has Birds:D

Yes, that's the one. I've just seen on the GAK site that the Bernie is back with a satin neck at £799 - same price as the S2 frost green model. Which would you go for out of these two ?

Tough decision. I own 2 s2 singlecuts, but Bernies are cool also. I don't like the tuners on the Bernie and I think the S2's PU's are better. And the S2 has the singlecoil options. So if you're not into modding the Bernie I'd go for the S2

Scale lengths are different and the neck profile probably too between the S2 and the Bernie. Tough call...I would probably take the Bernie purely because it's a Bernie, but the S2 is a hell of a deal at that price.

I've been looking at Anderton's (UK) site. They have a Singlecut (no scratchplate) at £799. The Standards go for £999. A two hundred quid difference. I would have thought that the maple top guitar would have been more expensive ? GAK are selling SE 245's for £729 . This pricing is very confusing.

I believe I remember seeing that they had a special run of those metallic colors that they were blowing out. That's loads of guitar for the money; practically paying a used price for a new instrument.

It's apples/oranges with the Bernie, though. I'd say the decision needs to come down to which feels best and meets your needs best.

I'm going Bernie, all the way. Simply because I LOVE mine! Punches WAY above its price point. Can't go wrong either way though!

Yeah Andertons is blowing out those colors because they are discontinued.
You get a lot more guitar for that price.
I would go S2

Look at the price of another S2 single cut in a current color option.
Same guitar - huge savings

I bought a gold PRS s2 Standard 22 at Andertons for about 750 pounds. Normal price for these guitars are 1000 pounds. They are discontinuing the ones with metallic colors because no one buys them.

Great guitar, I sold my PRS se because there was no point on keeping it now that I have a S2.

Personally, I love the S2 pickups on my Singlecut Standard. The #7 pickups seem between Dragon IIs and 57/08s - I know that I can play my S2 between my guitars loaded with those pickups (DII or 57/08) and not hear or feel a significant tonal difference. It's there, but the S2 #7 seems a nice step in the "evolution" from Dragon II to 57/08....
Do you play with any dirt on the bass pickup in your s2? I flipped mine cuz it was muddy with dirt. It was great clean. I mean really great. But I play mostly dirty. But now I'm rethinking my approach and maybe doing dirt only on the bridge and having the option of a great clean neck? Idk.

Do you play with any dirt on the bass pickup in your s2? I flipped mine cuz it was muddy with dirt. It was great clean. I mean really great. But I play mostly dirty. But now I'm rethinking my approach and maybe doing dirt only on the bridge and having the option of a great clean neck? Idk.

I pretty much ONLY play dirty. I am in a classic metal band. I use my bridge pickup 95% of the time because it cuts better and stays tighter. I will use the neck for fat leads. On my SC, I tend to split the neck when playing clean - I use it together with the bridge un-split. On my Standard 22, I modded the wiring to where ONLY the neck pickup splits. I use the Standard 22 a lot. When dirty, I'll have the neck pup split and use mostly the bridge or the two pups together. Clean, I'll use the neck pup or both together - but if I am doing a lot of clean, I'll use the SC - two volumes makes for some perfect blends.....

I pretty much ONLY play dirty. I am in a classic metal band. I use my bridge pickup 95% of the time because it cuts better and stays tighter. I will use the neck for fat leads. On my SC, I tend to split the neck when playing clean - I use it together with the bridge un-split. On my Standard 22, I modded the wiring to where ONLY the neck pickup splits. I use the Standard 22 a lot. When dirty, I'll have the neck pup split and use mostly the bridge or the two pups together. Clean, I'll use the neck pup or both together - but if I am doing a lot of clean, I'll use the SC - two volumes makes for some perfect blends.....
Cool Mark. I really dug the demo you did on the s2 it helped me decide. At least your avatar looks like the dude. Thanks for sharing some of yr tricks.

Cool Mark. I really dug the demo you did on the s2 it helped me decide. At least your avatar looks like the dude. Thanks for sharing some of yr tricks.

Right on!! Yeah - I did a demo on the S2 Standard. No prob on the 'tricks" - if you have any other questions, let me know!

Back