S2 Singlecut question

Barquentine

I have a 2016 S2 Singlecut. It differs from the new S2 594 singlecuts in having a one piece bridge and no binding.

Are they very different animals ? Is there much difference in sound ?

I have a 2016 S2 Singlecut. It differs from the new S2 594 singlecuts in having a one piece bridge and no binding.

Are they very different animals ? Is there much difference in sound ?
Different scale length, pickups, maybe bridge? I’d say it’d be different.

S2 SC's typically are provided stock with "#7s" pickups. The bridge on my 2016 is stock adjustable wraparound. No binding on the S2 SC.

Tone-wise, you'll hear a difference because of the 594LT(?) pickups. If you've got really good ears, maybe because the scale length is slightly longer on the S2 594, IIRC. (Plz correct me if the length goes the opposite direction)

That being said, I've not done any comparisons myself. Just stating what actual physical variances there are that would contribute to different tone.

Think of the 594LTs as being "vintage-tuned pickups" found in vintage collectible G-style guitars from the Golden Era of guitars. This will describe the tone much more so than I could actually describe.

Last edited:
It will certainly feel different with the different neck carve and scale length.

The S2 guitars all had 25 inch scale lengths until the introduction of the S2 594 which is 24.594 inches. I seem to recall Shawn stating that the frets are also the same as the Core 594s which are larger (jumbo?) than the regular S2 guitars and then crowned to be more flat (like played in frets).

Back