S2 Single cut replacement?

PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline BL

PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline BL Black, e-guitar, mahogany body (khaya ivorensis), mahogany neck (Swietenia macrophylla), rosewood fretboard (Dalbergia latifolia), fauxe-bone binding, pattern thin neck profile, scale length: 624 mm, 22 frets, S2 Birds fretboard inlays, 2x PRS 58/15 "S" humbucker pickups, 2x volume control, 2x tone control (push/pull), 3-way switch, PRS Vintage Tuner, PRS two-piece stoptail S2, nickel hardware, colour: Black, incl. gigbag

Reactions: IRG
good sleuthing folks, thanks!

Can’t claim much credit for all of the sleuthing - I found the link to Thomann’s specs on the Gear Page forums.

While I initially only saw the Thinline, the two other variants are what I am really lusting after. Hopefully it will be a Pattern Vintage neck profile on the S2s.

Can’t claim much credit for all of the sleuthing - I found the link to Thomann’s specs on the Gear Page forums.

While I initially only saw the Thinline, the two other variants are what I am really lusting after. Hopefully it will be a Pattern Vintage neck profile on the S2s.

Great find!!!

I’m very happy to see this hitting the S2 line, albeit quite surprised. If they’re truly doing the 24.594” scale, and with binding, that’s a big deal for the S2 line, in terms of adding new manufacturing processes.

That’s gonna create quite a dilemma for me. I know I want a 594, was thinking a DC but starting to consider a SC, a core version would be a holy grail for me, but the S2’s I have are righteous upon righteous too... choices.

Drill down deeper....Maple Neck Silver Sky !

PRS John Mayer Silver Sky MN Tungsten, John Mayer Signature, e-guitar, alder body, maple neck, maple fretboard, "635JM" neck shape, small bird inlays, 648 mm, 7.25" radius, 1 21/32" nutwidth, bone nut material, 3x 635JM singlecoil pickups, 1x volume, 2x tone, 5-way switch, incl. gigbag, color: Tungsten

Pattern Thin? That would be the first S2 that isn’t a Pattern Regular, right?

(If so, I’m out. But I’m sure that carve will make someone happy)

Correct, I believe all current S2 models are pattern regular (which isn't very common on any of their other models now, correct?). I have '19 Custom 24, I find the pattern regular comfortable. I also got a new SE Mira, wide thin, which I find equally comfortable, maybe a bit more so. I would be fine with either in the end. Like some of the details I'm hearing about above. And YES to pickups that aren't the #7. I had those in a S2 Standard 22. Maybe that's why I didn't gel with that guitar. Very nice in almost all aspects, except for tone, it was just a bit meh. Much prefer the 85/15 S in both my CU24 and SE Mira. I have to usually turn down the tone control just a bit, which is fine. Can't brighten a dull pickup, the reverse you can. The 85/15 sound great in single coil mode too, I use it a lot. And I play fairly aggressive music. But when I play clean stuff, love the sc sound.

If I read the German correctly then only the Thinline has Pattern Thin, while the other two will have Pattern Vintage necks.

If I read the German correctly then only the Thinline has Pattern Thin, while the other two will have Pattern Vintage necks.

What is the Pattern Vintage neck shape? Comparable to a Gibson 50's for example?

I knew something had to be up. I think I would like the single cut in McCarty sunburst or thin line in white.

Back