S2 Single cut replacement?

BB2

Do you all think they are going to replace the s2 single cuts with something? I think they should do a S2 single cut Hollowbody I.

My local dealer has teased me a bit, but wouldn't spill the beans. Sounds like the something "different" is on the way. I tried guessing to no avail. All they would say is that once I see it, it will seem quite obvious. Maybe a hollow body? I hope not, personally. I'm not even a fan of semi hollow body guitars. Maybe an S2 Singlecut with the tremolo, and toggle switches for pickup splitting, and then just a single volume/tone? Maybe an upgrade over the #7 too. Can't think what else it could be.

Hopefully something is coming, currently there aren’t any stoptail S2’s except the Vela, which is kinda its own thing. Maybe we’ll see a two piece?

Both Sweetwater and my local dealer has mentioned that the S2 Singlecut is still in production for a few more months apparently. I hope they continue it with some updated, and maybe some new colors please too.

IM hearing there is a 22 fret bolt on possibly….maybe an S2 variant???

IM hearing there is a 22 fret bolt on possibly….maybe an S2 variant???

I thought about that too. Sort of a Singlecut CE22? Maple neck then? Not sure if this would something most would want or not. It would be interesting to see though. I'm currently on the fence with getting a CE24 (likely used) or a new S2 Singlecut - waiting to see what it's going to be first.

My local dealer has teased me a bit, but wouldn't spill the beans. Sounds like the something "different" is on the way. I tried guessing to no avail. All they would say is that once I see it, it will seem quite obvious. Maybe a hollow body? I hope not, personally. I'm not even a fan of semi hollow body guitars. Maybe an S2 Singlecut with the tremolo, and toggle switches for pickup splitting, and then just a single volume/tone? Maybe an upgrade over the #7 too. Can't think what else it could be.
My guess is that it will be revamped to be more in line with the McCarty 594 SC. Traditional controls, 2 piece bridge, maybe 58/15s pickups or even a shorter scale length.

Last edited:
My guess is that it will be revamped to be more in line with the McCarty 594 SC. Traditional controls, 2 piece bridge, maybe 58/15s pickups or even a shorter scale length.

I like that too. Would it cannibalize sales of the 594? Regardless, I'd be interested.

I like that too. Would it cannibalize sales of the 594? Regardless, I'd be interested.
Can't imagine it would. They don't seem too concerned about the S2 Custom 22/24 affecting Core sales. Plus they're at very different price points.

Reactions: IRG
I love my SC satin S2, but its stock #7 pickups are its weak point. Even acoustically its a very dark guitar, it could benifet from tci treatment / brighter pickups....maybe thats 1 change coming down the line

Back