S2 Semi-Hollow - Does this seem right?

I think all of my PRSses do this -- it's just the organic nature of using actual wood and actual human hands sanding said wood and as Les said, not using too much of the coating as to change the acoustic nature of the wood. Now, if it was a desk top, I'd want one of those inch thick epoxy topping so that I could write without divots making my pen change course.

Bit of a sleeping thread, but I had previously indicated I would look at my own guitars, and finally did:

So I took a (somewhat quick) look at most of my PRSi last night. I must admit I forgot to check my P24, which has the V12 finish, because it is still in the case from the last band practice.

I didn't see anything resembling what you have observed, but if I had, I wouldn't have worried over such a minor thing, and if anything is a sign the finish is relatively thin (and therefore not a huge impact to the acoustic nature of the wood, as mentioned above by Les and Dusty).

On my spruce-top HB you can see the finish has tiny "ripples" that follow the grain of the spruce, and I fully expect that. You can see it on spruce-topped acoustic guitars quite often.

Back