S2 Satin Neck Feels Sticky

Plastic Bleach

I got a brand new (from sweetwater) S2 Singlecut Standard Satin (they no longer make these) just a couple days ago, and when it was new, the neck felt sticky (it still does). It's not as bad as a gloss neck but its worse than my other satin necks, and when I slide my finger across the back of the guitar, it doesn't stick to it at all, while it does stick to the neck. Has anyone else had the same experience? Does anyone know of any possible ways to remedy this?

Meguiar's cleaner/ Car wax. A coat when you first get the guitar, another coat the next day. Rewax when changing strings.

Meguiar's cleaner/ Car wax. A coat when you first get the guitar, another coat the next day. Rewax when changing strings.
I'm confused. Looking into it, it seems like people use this to make their gloss finishes shine (and even make them grippier). I want to make a satin neck as fast as possible.

I'm confused. Looking into it, it seems like people use this to make their gloss finishes shine (and even make them grippier). I want to make a satin neck as fast as possible.
The Meguiars will do that. Make it slick, that is. Think about after you wax your car, and the set something on the hood. It slides right off.

I know you are finding the neck sticky, but sliding your hand along the neck is always going to be slower than letting go of it.
If you let go prior to changing position, the change is instant and there is no friction because there is no contact.

I have no problem with either gloss or satin necks. There is no difference in speed at all. Just a different feel.

Letting go might feel strange if you're not used to it.

Back