S2\m/

Black Cherry Cu24

Phase III Tuners (Ebony)
\m/ Pickups (Bridge & Neck)
305 Middle pup
5-way blade conversion
Paul's Guitar Bridge

...I think that would do it for a while :dontknow:

I am thinking Seafoam green Mira with an extra pickguard that houses an \m/ bridge and a P90 neck pup, makes it so easy with the pups pickguard mounted and in five minutes you could have a whole new beast to play.

That would be intense!

I am thinking Seafoam green Mira with an extra pickguard that houses an \m/ bridge and a P90 neck pup, makes it so easy with the pups pickguard mounted and in five minutes you could have a whole new beast to play.

Taylor did this, with their Loaded Pickguards for their Solidbody range (way underestimated guitars, BTW). Cool concept. I'd love to see this with the S2 Mira and Starla!

After listening to those old promo videos I think I'd get a second Mira S2 wish some Deep Dish II action and McCarty switching.

Because the S2 tuners leave no screw holes in the back of the headstock, Phase III tuners are a direct replacement!

That's pretty darn cool! Thanks, Shawn!

I have this image of a Mira S2 with the Phase IIIs (and of course, the faux bone or ebony knobs), 57/08s, and a PTC setup (because why not, if it's already there for the installs) being one HECK of a guitar!

S2 Custom 24 in white
-replace rosewood board with ebony board.....no inlays a la Torero
-upgrade to USA vibrato unit
-phase 3 tuners
-5 way switch
- \m/ pickup set

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;86284 said:
I gotta get a Mira S2 but the pickguard with integrated pup rings is not for me.
So the question... if you were going to buy an S2, which one would you get and how would you want the PTC to modify it?
Agreed. It should have been a full pickguard like a Starla. That's pretty much where I would start with a S2 Mira. I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.

Agreed. It should have been a full pickguard like a Starla. That's pretty much where I would start with a S2 Mira. I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.

PRS used to have focus groups, but found them to be - if I can speak frankly - useless. All they ever seemed to get out of them was that we wanted more everything.

S2 Starla in white with white M.O.T. pickguard & TV Jones Filtertrons.........TWANG-DANGO BABY!!

I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.

You still get to comment - with your wallet.

Design by committee sucks; the process as well as the result. I'd rather see a guitar where 25% of the people love it and 75% hate than a guitar where 99% of the people who see/play it are indifferent.

I totally get it. That's why this thread exists! One element, especially one that is easy to modify, won't stand in my way. :)

Take a 24 and add a peizo set-up, like my P-22 so I dont have to lug a 3k+ guitar offshore and take the licks it does! But I guess thats why they call it a #1!

Back