S2 mira vs 594 thinline vs another Standard 22....

Russ73

I've owned all 3 and still have Standards...but after purging some gear I'm looking to add another guitar...one of these three...so I had a 594 thinline that I had a love/hate relationship with...small neck, lots of knobs...and mine had tuning issues BUT it was killer! The Standard 22 and Mira have great necks and locking tuners 25 " scale....what is everyone's thoughts on my next guitar??

Interesting. I’ve posed this question a few times and the responses have led me down many roads. I’ve gotten some suggestions too. I unfortunately don’t know enough about the guitar you listed. Except I own a core Mira and 594 and love them!
But they did just announce some new guitars that may throw a wrench in you selection. I myself prefer the smaller thinner necks (pattern/regular/thin) but I suppose I would say to look at what is really comfortable for you and start there.

I'm gonna screw things up and suggest a Hollowbody. I have 7 PRS's, 3 of which are Hollowbodys - I love them all, but the HBII is just something extra special. And the SE's are very good, if the Cores are out of your price range!

I'm gonna screw things up and suggest a Hollowbody. I have 7 PRS's, 3 of which are Hollowbodys - I love them all, but the HBII is just something extra special. And the SE's are very good, if the Cores are out of your price range!
I actually got a great deal on a cherry satin standard 22 yesterday....so yeah now I have 3 ....not sure if I needed 3 of the same guitar but they will all have different pups....maybe a hollow next!!

I originally looked at a few used ones but they were asking close to new pricing so I passed ...maybe down the road for me as well...
The used market is still kinda out of hand it seams. I got a new S2 studio (random one or two off built in 2021) for $100 more than the best used price I could find at the time.

The used market is still kinda out of hand it seams. I got a new S2 studio (random one or two off built in 2021) for $100 more than the best used price I could find at the time.
I know, with tax and such from GC used these online retailers will give you a deal on a new one that's close in price...

Back