S2 Mira Semi-Hollow: adjustable bridge?

SleepyAlligator

I'm confused.

On the PRS website for the S2 Mira Semi-Hollow, it says right at the top of the page that it comes with a PRS Adjustable Stoptail Bridge, but...

• while all of the photos in the gallery on that webpage show the adjustable bridge...
  • all of the guitars in the videos on that page, as well as those in the photos at every single online store like Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, etc., look like they have a non-adjustable stoptail bridge.
What's the deal?

I'm confused.

On the PRS website for the S2 Mira Semi-Hollow, it says right at the top of the page that it comes with a PRS Adjustable Stoptail Bridge, but...

• while all of the photos in the gallery on that webpage show the adjustable bridge...
  • all of the guitars in the videos on that page, as well as those in the photos at every single online store like Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, etc., look like they have a non-adjustable stoptail bridge.
What's the deal?
Until recently, most PRS guitars with a stoptail came with a non-adjustable stoptail bridge but they've switched over to a PRS Adjustable Stoptail Bridge now. Most of the videos and photos were done with guitars from before the switch. New guitars should have the adjustable stoptail unless the store has had the guitar for awhile.

dsenoj, thanks a lot for the response!

Looks like I'll need to confirm with whatever store I buy from that the guitar I'm buying has the adjustable bridge, since I'm assuming it's much better to have an adjustable bridge.

dsenoj, thanks a lot for the response!

Looks like I'll need to confirm with whatever store I buy from that the guitar I'm buying has the adjustable bridge, since I'm assuming it's much better to have an adjustable bridge.
It's not "much better" to have an adjustable bridge over the PRS non-adjustable bridge as long as you're using fairly typical string guages. The PRS non-adjustable bridge is great. It's just that some folks want to be able to adjust their bridge.

It's not "much better" to have an adjustable bridge over the PRS non-adjustable bridge as long as you're using fairly typical string guages. The PRS non-adjustable bridge is great. It's just that some folks want to be able to adjust their bridge.

I know you are probably right, but I have a friend who is a guitar tech, and because I'm far from mechanically inclined he does all of my string changes, tune-ups, truss rod adjustments, etc., and he says an adjustable bridge would be much better.

So I simply can't argue with a friend who does great work for me. ;)

P.S. Since I posted this thread, a locally-owned shop has offered to order the S2 Mira Semi-Hollow for me to take for a test drive, without an obligation to buy, it should be arriving later this week, and he confirmed with PRS that it will have the adjustable bridge. Woohoo!!!

I'm crossing my fingers for when my S2 Mira arrives today... Gonna be looking for that adjustable bridge as well :)... I know the pain of looking around and never seeing a review on youtube with the new bridge. That is why that is my goal when I get it- to do a very noob review and unboxing, because somewhere out there in the World Wide Web, somebody is Googling "PRS Mira 2016 Adjustable Bridge" wahahaha!!! You should do the same for your semi-hollow!

Will post a pic here later! Would love to see yours when it arrives!

I have one with an adjustable bridge and two with a non-adjustable bridge. Given the choice, I'd opt for the non-adjustable every time. Not given the choice, the adjustable bridge works fine and I wouldn't bother replacing it unless it pissed me off somehow.

To be honest, I just want the adjustable bridge because I want the specific 2016 appointments... but technically, I don't mind the non-adjustable one... Sooo I am actually looking to "downgrade" in the future if an adjustable bridge would be too much work for a noob like me.

Got my baby! Adjustable bridge - check!
IMG_20160906_214711_zpslmbjfsf5.jpg

received_1412998042049287_zpsghiykfvn.jpeg

Back