S2 McCarty

logger

Bought a new S2 McCarty last week. Traded an SG for it. Once I got used to the string spacing and threw some 9’s on, wow do I like this guitar! So easy to play and so resonant. Like many, not sure I like the pickups. It’s a little dark / muddy for my taste. I’ll likely put a new harness, pots, and caps in as well as a treble bleed circuit. If that still doesn’t do it, I’ll put in some new pickups, likely the 58/15 LT.

I do see what the fuss is about though, this is a really nice guitar.

Congrats!! Post pics!!

Be careful, I'm finding PRS to be quite addictive. I got my first a little over a month ago (S2 vela) and somehow have now ended up with a core custom 22 over the weekend lol.

Turns out the hype is real!

Bought a new S2 McCarty last week. Traded an SG for it. Once I got used to the string spacing and threw some 9’s on, wow do I like this guitar! So easy to play and so resonant. Like many, not sure I like the pickups. It’s a little dark / muddy for my taste. I’ll likely put a new harness, pots, and caps in as well as a treble bleed circuit. If that still doesn’t do it, I’ll put in some new pickups, likely the 58/15 LT.

I do see what the fuss is about though, this is a really nice guitar.
Now we need to see it!:)

Back