S2 Mccarty SC vs Thinline- A hill of beans difference?

OK !

What model 594 did you make the change on ?

AND ... the difference ??? ;)

Now I know , there is a tendency to find "night & day differences" , especially when we spent bunches of $$$ to do it, but as objectively as you can,

What are you hearing as a result of the change ?

I put the 58/15 LT in an S2 594 Singlecut. As for difference, the 58/15 LT definitely has better clarity than the 58/15 S. The 58/15 S is a warmer and lacks a little brightness and top end sparkle. Output is similar, but the LT pickups just sound better with a clearer top end. They sound great with my little Vox AC4 practice amp and with my Delta Blues gigging amp.

I put the 58/15 LT in an S2 594 Singlecut. As for difference, the 58/15 LT definitely has better clarity than the 58/15 S. The 58/15 S is a warmer and lacks a little brightness and top end sparkle. Output is similar, but the LT pickups just sound better with a clearer top end. They sound great with my little Vox AC4 practice amp and with my Delta Blues gigging amp.

Thanks for the scoop ...

I think the SC 594 presents a more difficult challenge for the 58/15S .

Don't they even make a (+) version for the Core ?

Thanks for the scoop ...

I think the SC 594 presents a more difficult challenge for the 58/15S .

Don't they even make a (+) version for the Core ?

There is indeed a 58/15 LT + for the Core models. I'm not sure what the difference is from the standard LT, so someone more educated than me will have to chime in.

S2 594 DC MC SB

The dark cherry burst was gourgeous. While considering the options for its replacement I realized that I wasn't attached to a SC but rather the tone. In the listening comparison above there wasn't much if any discernible difference in tone between the SC and DC, (ok, 5% more oomph with SC) as compared to the Thinline.

What did grab my attention is the Mccarty sunburst. Partly due to availability and being my first PRS, the PRS body style seemed fitting. Although SC weight was not issue for me, lighter in general seems to work best at this point in life.

The feel of this guitar is perfect in my hands. The pickups for clean tones sound great. And the finish is really stunning.
51819885110_8bf24980a2_c.jpg

51819515234_0303cb146f_c.jpg

51818222437_2fab4348a8_c.jpg

51819885130_4ca2330de3_b.jpg

51819286288_432afc4019_c.jpg

Dark Cherry Sunburst is my color in that guitar. There is a You Tube that came out on release of these by "The Tone King" . He was sent an S2 with an extraordinary amount of flame. It is stunning.

Yours is a beauty too. And I guess you are lucky to not have to wait 6 months for the replacement ! ;)
I had not seen a McCarty Sunburst much before, so thanks for turning me on to it ...

Last edited:
Back