S2 McCarty Nitro??

disco13

Anyone able to verify what Brian was saying at NAMM about how the S2 McCarty line will have the new nitro over cellulose finish like the core 2020 McCarty's do? I heard him say it but I haven't seen anything official from PRS regarding that...

The new finish is going to end up across all lines. The S2 McCarty models will be some of the first in the S2 line to see it. But eventually, all S2's (except the satin-finished models) will have the Nitro-over-poly finish, along with the Core's and bolt-on models.

Not sure if they're gonna bring it to the SE line or not.

The new finish is going to end up across all lines. The S2 McCarty models will be some of the first in the S2 line to see it. But eventually, all S2's (except the satin-finished models) will have the Nitro-over-poly finish, along with the Core's and bolt-on models.

Not sure if they're gonna bring it to the SE line or not.
Yep. This. Shawn actually posted on a thread the "rough" time frame of when this will happen. I think it was summer for the S2

Anyone able to verify what Brian was saying at NAMM about how the S2 McCarty line will have the new nitro over cellulose finish like the core 2020 McCarty's do? I heard him say it but I haven't seen anything official from PRS regarding that...

Found it. Looks like I was way off with my summer comment. Try next month!

These are flying changes. The 594 guitars were the first ones to make the transition to nitro, but by November 2020, all Core guitars have nitro finish and TCI pickups. January 2020 all Bolt-on guitars have nitro and TCI, February 10, 2020 all S2 models will have nitro finish, although the pickups are still making the transition to TCI.

Found it. Looks like I was way off with my summer comment. Try next month!

These are flying changes. The 594 guitars were the first ones to make the transition to nitro, but by November 2020, all Core guitars have nitro finish and TCI pickups. January 2020 all Bolt-on guitars have nitro and TCI, February 10, 2020 all S2 models will have nitro finish, although the pickups are still making the transition to TCI.

Bodia, thanks for digging that up. just found the thread and read up on the whole thing myself. Great improvements coming across the line for sure! Love the fact that the S2 line is getting some love

Back