S2 McCarty 594 Thinline

I contacted PRS directly asking about that finish and they said they have no plans at this time for a "Walnut" finish. Too bad, I thought it would be awesome!

My local dealer has one in Walnut. Looks great up close and looks black the further away you get.

They do exist. Picked mine up yesterday from my local guitar store (so glad they’ve become a PRS dealer!!!). Ordered the day they were announced. He actually has another one in Walnut color...yes Walnut...that he got in last week.

Sound is incredibly full. Single coil tones are great. The playability is...well it’s a PRS so you know it’s great. I love the thin neck and weight!

DhFORmB.jpg

s2ekj8z.jpg

46vnOde.jpg

Great photos and that neck in that colour is very nice! Huge congrats

Ooh I'm GREEN with envy. Looks great. I'm intrigued by the slim neck and light weight as well. Looking forward to more updates!
Congratulations

Last edited:
They do exist. Picked mine up yesterday from my local guitar store (so glad they’ve become a PRS dealer!!!). Ordered the day they were announced. He actually has another one in Walnut color...yes Walnut...that he got in last week.

Sound is incredibly full. Single coil tones are great. The playability is...well it’s a PRS so you know it’s great. I love the thin neck and weight!

DhFORmB.jpg

s2ekj8z.jpg

46vnOde.jpg

KILLER! Happy NGD!

DhFORmB.jpg

s2ekj8z.jpg

46vnOde.jpg
Killer!

DhFORmB.jpg

s2ekj8z.jpg

46vnOde.jpg
Walnut!!! Now THATS what I’m talking about. Great news. And your Frost Green looks magnificent.

Love that colour, I ordered mine in Vintage Cherry. I ordered it two weeks ago and I have absolutely no idea when I’ll get it. I’m not even sure if they are still building right now. Did they have to shut down due to Covid 19?

Yep

Just sitting here, listening to the crickets, waiting for word on my S2 Mc 594 Thinline order. Thumbs too tired to twiddle.

Starting to see the other S2 594's trickle in. Wonder if the lack of a maple top on the thinline makes the production more challenging to start up?

Are there any hard cases that are recommended for these? Are they the same as the non-thinline 594, the non-S2 594's, or other PRS body styles? Any Gibson style (non-rectangular) cases?

Believe it or not I already bought a used one on Reverb... Got it last Thursday.

Curious about the case too as I'd like to get one.

And what do you like about it ... and what can be improved?

What's there not to like about it!
Right now I currently own a Vela, S2 Singlecut and this one has them all beat. I just love the body depth. About as thin as an SG with none of the SG issues. Just love that it lays that flat against me. Neck is thinner but not shredderg thin. Of course it plays as perfect as one can expect from PRS maybe better. Actually I'm not sure I have played one that is set up this good.
Best part is it actually has a vintage vibe to its tone. I have kind of thought most of my PRS guitars sounded great live but alone when youre practicing or recording kind of sound sterile. Not the case with this one. My singlecut has the same sort of vintage vibe. But this is kind of like strat meets SG. Love it...

If I had to change anything it would be the color. Not crazy about the green but it's growing on me and I'd be to afraid if to look for another that maybe wouldn't play as well. So for now this one gets the monster share of the playing.
Oh and I wish they all had satin necks... My Vela and single cut are satin so much easier to play specially in this hot weather we are having.

Any word on if they plan on a pattern regular neck on one of these? That and nitro finish would be simply irresistible.

Any updates on shipping? I have a preorder placed but am seeing anywhere from this month to a year from now! Just curious what others are hearing. Can’t wait to have the blue one

Any updates on shipping? I have a preorder placed but am seeing anywhere from this month to a year from now! Just curious what others are hearing. Can’t wait to have the blue one

Well I got mine used.... but it still smelled of what ever paint they use and the tag said I think it was made in March.

Some places have them some don't. Some colors are available some are not. I found a Frost Blue one at Zzounds about 2 weeks ago. most are still pre-order.

There is a used one on Reverb.com right now too.

Last edited:
Well I got mine used.... but it still smelled of what ever pain they use and the tag said I think it was made in March.

Some places have them some don't. Some colors are available some are not. I found a Frost Blue one at Zzounds about 2 weeks ago. most are still pre-order.

There is a used one on Reverb.com right now too.

yeah I’ve been seeing all of that just hoping someone had some inside info on more widespread distribution. I know they are working hard and the rules in place to operate are crazy right now. Just really want this guitar (sold my old one and it went way too quick so without one atm...)

Just really want this guitar (sold my old one and it went way too quick so without one atm...)

I got to tell you ... I wish they had more Thinline models... I'd buy a single cut in a heart beat if they did or if somebody knows any other PRS Thinlines please educate me!

I got to tell you ... I wish they had more Thinline models... I'd buy
a single cut in a heart beat if they did or if somebody knows any other PRS Thinlines please educate me!

I'm surprised this thread is still going on....

I ordered mine back in June of 2020. Got it delivered 2 December . Hate to say it, but it was worth the wait. With PRS's normal high demand backlog, compounded by Covid shutdowns and other supply chain interruptions, I guess I'm lucky to have gotten it at all.

Love the guitar. Although it costs considerably more than my SE's and as much as some of my American Fenders, I'm really digging on this guitar.

As for "more" S2 Thinlines... Please see my "How Bout an S2 Thinline Plus" thread !:)

This from a fanboy that is struck with the basic guitar in all of its dimensions ... save for the desire to make it "over the top pretty"

I saw the SE 245 with the maple cap & veneer, so it can look flamed ...
So I want this for my next Thinline ! Doesn't have to have a thick maple cap (adds weight & girth that it doesn't need) But maybe a thin cap to attach a paper thin veneer to... Just to make it Dark Cherry Burst, with lots of flame !:):):)

I think I wet my pants ...

Back