S2 McCarty 594 models!!?!?!?

Matte82

I just received an email from Moore Guitars about S2 594's. I'm super pumped. I had a wood library 594 that I unfortunately had to sell for financial reasons. I've missed it ever since, and have looked forward to buying another. But even used that will be some time away. Then I see these. And they have IMO the most important part. The Pattern Vintage neck. I can swap pickups if needed, but swapping necks are much harder haha. It will still be a bit before I can get the S2 but still much sooner than the Core version. Oh and notification about a youtube video for them. Don't have that link yet.

https://mooreguitars.com/search.php?search_query=s2 mccarty&section=product

They're officially up on the PRS website too! I'm gonna hold out to see if they make a Semi-Hollow version but these look awesome.

PRS is just killing it lately with the new models. Either body style in Amber Burst would be sweet!

I'm thinking a Singlecut in McCarty Sunburst. :) Going to go home and put some stuff up on Reverb this evening. Haha.

Brian already has a demo up of the DC Thinline and it looks and sounds great! I was all over that, til I logged in here and saw the single cut. Drooling...

The 58/15 LT+ (TCI) pickups are reserved for the future Core Models. The 58/15 'S' pickups have been around for several years now...Unless someone knows differently...

Well the SE Paul's guitar has TCI "S" pickups, but it's the only S2/SE model I can find that has TCI pickups. So they probably want to keep those in the Paul's to help keep up sales of those. If you put the TCI "S" pickups in this, it might be the only S2/SE model sold anymore haha.

The 58/15 LT+ (TCI) pickups are reserved for the future Core Models. The 58/15 'S' pickups have been around for several years now...Unless someone knows differently...
I only know of the hotter 85/15 'S' pickups in the SE and S2 lines, not 58/15 'S'

I only know of the hotter 85/15 'S' pickups in the SE and S2 lines, not 58/15 'S'

That’s an interesting point. I tend to get the 85 and 58 backwards. I def loved the 58/15LT’s in the 594 I had. Hoping these are close. If not I’m sure I can find something similar enough. Or even a real set. Maybe someday PRS will sell then in the store. :)

Back