S2 love thread

Mira

imagejpg2_zps412042b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love my Mira, and as much as I also love my new SE ZM, and think that it is something special, (along with my One and former Bernie) I feel that the S2 is an upgrade that you can feel and hear. You may disagree, and I am cool with that. :shakehands:

S2 Love? This just happened lastnight...
15997270806_b6c1468746_c.jpg

Believe it or not, unstaged... I have been known to play til I'm this tired.

Anyways, definitely love my S2!
15703134602_ed0e64c54c_c.jpg

Yes. I believe it's 2 for the body (not counting the 2 for the cap). The necks look like 1 piece, except the headstock wings. Please correct me if you know otherwise.

Just arrived...honeymoon phase. 2014 S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow in Violin Amber. First impressions are extremely favorable - I had an early S2 Mira that I unloaded to help finance another purchase which I really dug. This betty fit and finish wise is ahead of my former Mira. There is no "S2 Haze" and although not as glassy as core models the finish on this really shines. Really nice grain on the back, neck and fretboard. Nice top, too - not the deepest flame, but very uniform for an S2. The S2 Customs are my least favorite in general of the S2 body shapes, but I really dig this with the f-hole and covered pups. It looks 'spensive. The Pattern Regular neck profile is just about perfect. #7s are low output (Bass = 7.5Ω Treble = 8.5Ω) with good clarity. Neck has alot of roundness to it (especially for a SH) and the bridge cuts well, and the splits on all positions sound very good. Compared to my 2000 chambered CU22 with DIIs (higher output) this sounds a little more open and fuller, and the semi-hollowness is a bit more overt with gain. Thank you Santa!

S2CU22SH_zps74ddb502.jpg

That's as close as an S2 will ever get to being called a '10' top for sure. Very nice guitar.

Love my S2. This is the only photo I have, sorry for the poor quality, but this is my Mira:

300x300.jpg

It's become my go-to for most things. In the photo it has aftermarket pickups but I am thinking about putting the originals back in it for a while just to have a change of pace. Maybe set up a separate pickguard assembly and put bullet connectors on the ground to make a quick switch-out between them possible.

The S2's in general have really lit my fire. Played a Starla at my local dealer over the weekend that would have gone home with me it if wasn't holiday season. I just can't say enough good things about this line of guitars, and since it's been a topic lately I just have to reiterate that you get what you pay for. As nice as the SE's are (that's my 245 in the left part of the picture) the S2's are simply better.

Just arrived...honeymoon phase. 2014 S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow in Violin Amber. First impressions are extremely favorable - I had an early S2 Mira that I unloaded to help finance another purchase which I really dug. This betty fit and finish wise is ahead of my former Mira. There is no "S2 Haze" and although not as glassy as core models the finish on this really shines. Really nice grain on the back, neck and fretboard. Nice top, too - not the deepest flame, but very uniform for an S2. The S2 Customs are my least favorite in general of the S2 body shapes, but I really dig this with the f-hole and covered pups. It looks 'spensive. The Pattern Regular neck profile is just about perfect. #7s are low output (Bass = 7.5Ω Treble = 8.5Ω) with good clarity. Neck has alot of roundness to it (especially for a SH) and the bridge cuts well, and the splits on all positions sound very good. Compared to my 2000 chambered CU22 with DIIs (higher output) this sounds a little more open and fuller, and the semi-hollowness is a bit more overt with gain. Thank you Santa!

S2CU22SH_zps74ddb502.jpg

That's a real stunner Sir Carl

Congrats and Merry Christmas

Back