S2 Custom24 Bridge

Tadashi

I bought used S2 Custom24 2014 model 2 month ago. very beautiful, sounds great, I am quite enjoying to play. recently I noticed that PRS setup guide says that, "the bridge floats 1/16" off the body". but my S2 tremolo bridge is not off the body. completely sit on the body.
I'm not feeling any problem so far but Should I take this guitar to repair center to get bridge correct position ?
sorry to poor language.

Last edited:
The #1 rule is, "if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it". We all like different things about how our guitars are set up. Your trem may be set so that it doesn`t move. if you raise it, it will change the sound of the guitar, and you will need to play it differently. This is your instrument. Just play the hell out of it.

You don't have to apologize for your English. It is better than my Japanese!;)

You bought it used. It may be that the first owner lowered it because he did not want to use the trem and it is more stable setting against the body. If you don't use it either, it's fine to leave it as it is. If you do use it you will need to raise it back up. You can do it yourself or you can pay to have it done. It isn't hard to do.

Welcome to the forum.

I have an older PRS where I keep the bridge on the body because I used to drop D on the fly while gigging, you just have to make sure the bridge is still in the slits in the screws in the body so the trem can go down t least...

Back