S2 Custom 24... meh

That is one of the best looking S2's I've seen! Congrats on that one. "She's a beaut, Clark!"

I bought my daughter (12) a Zach Myers SE Semi-hollow and fixed it up... pickups, pots, switch craft toggle, hard case. It is a very good guitar. It got me interested in the S2 SC Semi-hollow.
I located what I thought was a good one and bought it.
This thing is easily worth the additional dollars over the SE. Not sure about the other S2s... but this one they got right.
Light, resonant and finished to perfection... Its got good bones.
I put treble bleed caps in... done.

Just played an S2 on Thursday. Local GC had it. I loved it. It's very versatile. It sounded great clean, dirty, single coil, humbucked, it just sang to me. Set up was good, but I would lower the action a bit for my taste. Otherwise it was fantastic. I would not buy a new one, but I buy nothing new, anyway. So once a used one comes up, I might buy it for the right price. I thought it was a great guitar for the price range. It smoked quite a few higher priced new and used guitars. I especially liked the pickups. Played it through a KT88 equipped amp. It was quite nice.

Bob

Just played an S2 on Thursday. Local GC had it. I loved it. It's very versatile. It sounded great clean, dirty, single coil, humbucked, it just sang to me. Set up was good, but I would lower the action a bit for my taste. Otherwise it was fantastic. I would not buy a new one, but I buy nothing new, anyway. So once a used one comes up, I might buy it for the right price. I thought it was a great guitar for the price range. It smoked quite a few higher priced new and used guitars. I especially liked the pickups. Played it through a KT88 equipped amp. It was quite nice.

Bob

I've seen some used ones come up at great prices, I think you'll do well going that route.

just honeymooning with a used 2014 s2 , waiting to see if i can dial in the pups, if not i have wolfetone dr v /marshallhead waiting to be installed, not a lot of glowing reviews on these guys but when you can buy a s2 for approx the same price as new mim fender artist( jimmie vaughn, buddy guy) it is a no brainer. My first prs from maryland, have a se and the step up is well worth it.

Back