S2 Custom 24 colors???

justjoshin

I just went to my local PRS dealer for my lunch break to kill time and they had a S2 Custom 24 in a color I did not know was available. I am not really sure what the color was. I should have looked on the tag to see if it was on it, but i'm not sure if it is??? Anyway, I thought it was black when I pulled it down (room is dark) but after really looking at it closely it had a red tint to the grain. Closest thing I have seen to it are a few fire red guitars I have seen. Anyone know what this could be? I think I will go back tomorrow and check it out and play it and maybe buy it.....dammit!

Here is the guitar and they are calling a custom color - dark burgundy red flame??? Edit: I think I have found the color....Angry Larry Smokeburst???

3KO5KWctdpr8kI2Ypfcd16Q84pve8lPtpbNfIFAQKonyJsOB8v1nisu0h6UHe7Ze1EHYFY8b53O7cfjxfJGOFu7cVMbhuKvLDaZRggUXHHUbFl-6hl3vjIxApsdfsuciWS7ylkFshZJYyhKZ59G8zCZrzPOmZYgXKgUErO1fglgu0uHbCRd-2gNfpSkvpjVdo-uKk4IawnA04O95rZqMaQI56AgsuQqwgH9vpf3uvBDWvd2zzM_Kd5W_B-L3YG4J8VrGWtYAzGUghuX2xmTyZRJ5_iM5_EhbqYsV5uU_7f8vZAqm45s1HNAmps5cn5I0RavmOnvS3R14IQz8pmePaYRuC_ahC5xK4o2oYlmBTy9WcSMCCnneLU9mbuQYZQdBN5_7ly4WiUkqUQ_Mwl1ExhW1UpHEemCvL5-iMXtiQTO_SHCLxOmg7BcbvPi_X6TfE5mQUPvw3YVhDbqNHqMrbukdcTNGvexMc2LAt3CeWwyVp5QcSbjWP5PJen0xcxMlWt7dIxfwByUe3Gl1Nr9LI_wVydpQLZFywLPvZn14ZnjEwzZb7ib34iNgRfJ_DMandGJiciFdbdbepgwvRxSkeVtDSeX50G6YZOkTkD-5yxqdovW1cG0A71o3lFBTK5MURF-P9YIXUhEOhEytApzvpwqU09KDSEZhIDggOMFaVg2VDw0b3bYvZQ=w720-h960-no

Last edited:
Might be a custom color. I failed to pull the trigger on a "Royal Purple" S2 CU24 last year, and have been regretting it since.

I have an Angry Larry custom 24 from the original run of the color. It's similar to what you have from what I can tell. There seems to be quite a bit of variance in that particular color (some more red, others purple.)

I have an Angry Larry custom 24 from the original run of the color. It's similar to what you have from what I can tell. There seems to be quite a bit of variance in that particular color (some more red, others purple.)

yes I watched a video where Larry describes it as cranberry

Every once in a while, they try out a new color or type of wood on the S2 custom 24’s. Your son has a unicorn. He should enjoy it immensely.

Back