S2 cu24 electronics

Toolshed

I have noticed that my volume pot is a bit scratchy . Will changing out pots to CTS 500k pot change the sound and response? Has any one changed caps or pots? What is the results you have encountered by doing it?

I recommend the PRS core volume pot (made by CTS) with the treble bleed capacitor on it. Much better feel and response.

I think the push pull pots they use on the S2 are just fine and the tone caps are very high quality, so I see no need to replace anything other than the volume.

If its just the scratchiness that bugs you, spray some contact cleaner in there, that usually does the trick.

I have some cts 500k pots and oil in paper caps for a build that is left over that I could throw in. Would that be an upgrade?

I just ordered a pot with treble bleed for the volume. Will changing the tone make a difference?

I just ordered a pot with treble bleed for the volume. Will changing the tone make a difference?

Difference in sound? Probably not a noticeable change. Plus you would have to get the coil split resistors on the new tone pot, not worth it unless you're having a problem with the current tone pot.

I have one S2 with an occasionally scratchy volume pot, a shot of contact cleaner from time to time fixes it right up.

Back