S2 CU 24 Hardcase?

Rayocaster

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone solved the riddle for the S2 Custom 24 hardcase problem. Any new options for a proper fit?

Thanks!

The S2s seem to have some side to side or up and down movement, depending on the case. I’ve tried various at the stores and none have been properly snug. All needed some kind of buffer, even the proper PRS case. S2 bodies dont quite fit the core cases, unfortunately

I did this for my Silver Sky when I had it.

You can take those universal cases, and move the neck holder/pocket drawer that usually attached with screws on the each side. Once you unscrew it you then move it up and down to match your guitar perfectly and then screw it back in. Yea you'll be making new holes....so if you do this use a drill with screwdriver bits....it'll be easy.

On most cases the holes it leaves will barely be noticeable....but your guitar will be snug.

The gator cases fit perfectly.
I have 3 of them.
2 of the first with S2 CU24s in them
1 of the second with an S2 CU22 SH in it.
They all fit perfectly.

The gator cases fit perfectly.
I have 3 of them.
2 of the first with S2 CU24s in them
1 of the second with an S2 CU22 SH in it.
They all fit perfectly.
I can second that ... I have two (or three) of them ...Competitively priced, well made (the TSA lock version)

Though I could use it for a Fender Player Mustang, being all small and short ? NAW ! , the 24" scale Mustang has long "overhangs" ( an auto term) that makes the case it about a 1/2 too short for the Fender... But perfect for the PRS CU 24 ...

Free repairs for life!
I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I traveled to a gig on an airplane again. That, or a Calton, and I'd have a tough time deciding. I've traveled with gig bags years ago, but it's getting tougher and tougher to rely on not having to check luggage at the gate.

I never travel with more than one guitar. So the cost would be a drop in the bucket against earnings.

Wouldn't matter which guitar I took, but especially important since I'd probably take an irreplaceable PS. Yes, I know that's a bit nuts, but I'm not being paid to screw around. I want to sound good.

Last edited:
I have an S2 Thinline so obviously thinner.... duh... but found if I use a brand new factory sealed box case, it conforms to the guitar perfect, even the neck rest. But if I put the same guitar in my other PRS cases (used) the neck rides above the neck rest which I don't like.

I had the same thing happen when looking for a case for my 35th SE CU24. I bought a universal PRS case, it didn't initially seem to fit that well. However I place a soft cloth folded over under the back lower part of the guitar and over several months the padding inside the case has conformed to the CU24. I just like my guitars in hard cases, and although they are really heavy, I really like the PRS cases.

Back