S2 Color of the Month Question

Kdogg788

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this before, but I am getting an S2 Standard (yes I finally decided) and it's in a "color of the month", Purple Firemist. I've seen several other color of the month custom colors. Is there any record anywhere of what these colors were, and approximately when they were issued? It would be interesting to see if there's a list or chart of some sort that indicates them all. You never know, I could become a collector....

-k

So I've come up with a small list but I was wondering if there were more... If someone knows even what months they were for, it would be good to know. Appears to be a 2017/2018 thing. I found an old post claiming that there were supposed to be 12 of them, but I've only tracked down 10. It appears that metallic finishes are the common denominator.

(in no real order)
1. Purple Firemist
2. Aquamarine Firemist
3. Lavender Metallic
4. Acapulco Gold
5. Jewel Lime Metallic
6. Dark Blue Metallic
7. Platinum Burst
8. Red Firemist
9. Charcoal Metallic
10. Ice Blue Firemist

-k

I played one in a local Sam Ash over the weekend that was a Jewel Blue metallic color. The color was really cool but the rosewood on the fret board was really pale looking and those white plastic birds, I don't know about those. Cool guitar all the same and it sounded better than the others they had there.

Edit: I guess it was Ice Blue Firemist but it looked deeper blue than any of the pics I have seen.

I've got one in "Desert Sand Metallic" that might be part of this run. They said there were only 20 made in this finish.
Regardless, I love this guitar!

XdDE4Kh.jpg

Could be for sure. I also so one in Copper Metallic. There also has to be silver metallic out there.

-k

I saw one of the copper metallic... that would have been my first choice, but it was gone before I could act. Great finish!
This finish is close though... more of a bronze in person, and it changes quite a bit depending on the lighting.
Plus, I snagged it for a killer 'clearance' price, brand new, which is how I normally roll... ;)

So far we have:

1. Purple Firemist
2. Aquamarine Firemist
3. Lavender Metallic
4. Acapulco Gold
5. Jewel Lime Metallic
6. Dark Blue Metallic
7. Platinum Burst
8. Red Firemist
9. Charcoal Metallic
10. Ice Blue Firemist
11. Bronze Firemist (Copper)
12. Desert Sand Metallic
13. Metallic Silver (Found it!)

Does anyone know if Champagne Gold Metallic was a custom color (of the month maybe), or if it was a production color? Does anyone know of any other colors? I did not count Egyptian Gold, Frost Green Metallic, or Frost Blue Metallic, because these are or were main line S2 production colors.

@xjbebop : There is a Bronze Firemist (Copper) S2 at John Mann's Guitar Vault that you can buy on Reverb if you don't live around here. I also have at least one picture of this guitar on my phone from when they held the PRS event in September.

Also, I don't know if the runs were as limited as they say. Even in the relatively short time that I've been looking into PRS (like a year or so), I've seen quite a few of these surface on Reverb and other places.

-k

Back