S2 Birds?

n24re

Enjoying the ride...
Here is a quick question I hope. What are the bird inlays made of on the S2 line. I know on my SE they are some sort of "abaloneish" type material. It looks like from photos on the S2 series they are solid white. Are they inlays our an epoxy fill in a the bird cutout? I have a new Vela with Birds in route and just curious as to what I am seeing on the pictures.

Thanks
Steve

Thanks....that would make sense...based on the photos.

Don't know the material spec, but they're a plain cream-white kind of thing. Wish they had a pearloid look, didn't think that would make much cost difference, but I must have assumed incorrectly. But, it's by no means a deal breaker.

Here's an up close shot of the birds on my S2 - as you can see, they're plain, but very well done. I hate seeing guitars with poorly cut inlays and big gaps around them, fixed with filler.

15898842921_0c4a36fc58_k.jpg

Here's an up close shot of the birds on my S2 - as you can see, they're plain, but very well done. I hate seeing guitars with poorly cut inlays and big gaps around them, fixed with filler.

15898842921_0c4a36fc58_k.jpg

Those inlays look just like the mammoth ivory inlays on my McCarty Singlecut PS guitar; the only difference is that the mammoth ivory gets yellowish here and there.

Darn nice!

Well I am totally excited to get this "Bird" in hand....

Thanks for the info guys!!!

Steve

Back