S2 594 opinions

BigdaddyRN

Pretty much decided my next guitar will be an S2 594 . I am wondering if there will be tonal difference in the single cut and the double cut. Anyone have any experience with these two options on the core 594s ?

I prefer a brighter guitar and I have owned both DC and SC 594s. The SC was definitely a bit fatter / warmer and what you would consider classically "LP-like" to my ears.

I would expect the S2s to be similar all other things being equal.

That being said I am uberstoked for the thinline because it's the closest thing to an SG that I may actually been able to "marry" lol. I can see a cherry one at some point in my future...

Thanks for the replies. For clarity I was just trying to compare the SC, vs the double cut both with the maple cap. Not the thin line all mahgoney model.

When I saw the hollow body and hollow body ll se come out I thought. " I wonder if they will release a 594 se? But I'll certainly take a 594 S2.

I know I want the burnt amber finish, and I am leaning more towards a DC myself (I have enough SC's). Did anyone else notice that the SC in all the videos at NAMM was a 2 tone color (amber top / red back)? Odd as that is not a standard color they will produce??? It was a really nice looking guitar though!

I know I want the burnt amber finish, and I am leaning more towards a DC myself (I have enough SC's). Did anyone else notice that the SC in all the videos at NAMM was a 2 tone color (amber top / red back)? Odd as that is not a standard color they will produce??? It was a really nice looking guitar though!

That's McCarty Sunburst

Back