S2 594 Announced!

Now can they take one of these and throw soapbars in it. Pretty please!! I will beg and maybe public embarrass myself.

Now that’s a good idea. If they ever make a thinline with P90s I’d preorder one immediately. Especially if they did a satin gold top.

Man PRS is just killing it lately with all the new SE and S2 models. That singlecut in amber burst would be a great addtion to the herd and has moved to the top of the GAS list.

Now this won't be a popular opinion, but there was one thing that I didn't care for and that was the pickups. Well, let me backup and say I didn't love them in full humbucker mode. To my ears, and I listened several times and even through headphones, I'm hearing just a touch of harshness to them that I can't tell is from the compression on the vids or maybe the amp or maybe it is the pickups. I'll need to sit down with one in person to see if it's just my old ears hearing things. Now having said that, I thought the split tones were actually outstanding, and I'm not usually a fan of splits, so go figure. I will agree, however, that a set of soapbars would be killer in these guitars and would be the way I'd go if that was an available option.

There are so many options for good humbucker sized P-90s, is this really a problem any more?
I am not one for modding. I am not a big fan of Jazzmasters. I tried the Reverends with the P90’s but did not care for the neck. I have considered a Gibson with P90’s, but I currently like my CE better than my LP. As for PRS the soapbars to this point have been either very expensive new, or part of the SE line ( for new the baritone is the only SE option). So yes, I would love a PRS soapbar in the $1500 range.

Also with the 594 thinline we now officially have a PRS take on an SG?

I think the Mira (or least my SE Mira) is a pretty close take on the SG, isn't it? Body similar size, all mahogany, dual humbuckers and simple bridge. I guess that it only has one volume/tone control is the main difference (at lease on the SE) but other than that, Mira = SG. Forgot, scale length is slightly different too. Still...

I'm really vibing on that Singlecut. Dang, they are hitting homeruns left and right lately!

There are so many options for good humbucker sized P-90s, is this really a problem any more?

Yeah but the vast majority don't have the right coil size and wire to truly nail it.

I think the Mira (or least my SE Mira) is a pretty close take on the SG, isn't it? Body similar size, all mahogany, dual humbuckers and simple bridge. I guess that it only has one volume/tone control is the main difference (at lease on the SE) but other than that, Mira = SG. Forgot, scale length is slightly different too. Still...

Yeah, especially the original core Mira. The 24 frets pushed the neck pickup back like an SG, but since PRS use a good neck joint, you got two extra frets! This new thinline will really nail down the typical SG feel and operation though, with significant design improvements.

These came up on my YT feed yesterday. As Sergio would put it, Bangin’! This is beyond awesome. I conjecture that at this price point, because of how amazing 594s are and how great the S2 series guitars are, these will sell like crazy.

You guys at PRS are killing it in 2020 and late 2019. The updates to the Core McCarty and 594, the SE hollowbodies and Mira, the 35th Anniversary CU24, and now this!? Absolutely kindling it this year.

These came up on my YT feed yesterday. As Sergio would put it, Bangin’! This is beyond awesome. I conjecture that at this price point, because of how amazing 594s are and how great the S2 series guitars are, these will sell like crazy.

You guys at PRS are killing it in 2020 and late 2019. The updates to the Core McCarty and 594, the SE hollowbodies and Mira, the 35th Anniversary CU24, and now this!? Absolutely kindling it this year.
My price guess is $1500 to $1700. Based on finish, construction, and hardware, they should be around what the S2 customs are at.

I am not one for modding. I am not a big fan of Jazzmasters.

I'm not one for not modding! :p

Also, Jazzmaster pickups aren't P-90s, they're like an oversized strat pickup. P-90s have steel slugs and bar magnets on the bottom of the pickups, while Jazzmasters have 6 individual magnets which are the slugs.

My price guess is $1500 to $1700. Based on finish, construction, and hardware, they should be around what the S2 customs are at.
The prices have already been mentioned in this thread (unless deleted), direct from Reverb listings that have recently appeared. Those are MAP, of course.

I've had a day to digest this. I've watched all three videos. I hope PRS is ready, because I think they have their next "best sellers" on deck. The videos are incredible. I'm predicting that IF they build enough of these to get them in stores so people can play them, a runaway best seller. If they are as nice as they look and sound, this is really going to stress their factory.

The prices have already been mentioned in this thread (unless deleted), direct from Reverb listings that have recently appeared. Those are MAP, of course.
Yeah, reverb has a long list or pre-orders up already. And yes the price is exactly what I expected.

I ordered one of these from Sweetwater an hour after they were announced, told I was first in line for a double cut Amber burst but it's also gonna be mid July before I receive it. Oh well it will be worth the wait I'm sure. My main guitars I use are S2 Vela's my fav guitars I've owned and I've had many over my 30 years of playing (the last 20 years my only job has been guitar teacher and gigs) sold most of my other guitars once I started playing PRS Velas just rock solid and work well for everything I do.

Back