S2 594 Announced!

Man, this past year for me has been like this:

3lgt5z.jpg

Damn why did I watch them clips, now I have to put 2 more on my to get list. that makes 5 already, it's gonna be a expensive year

Pre 2000 Core Standard or Custom 24
SE Hollowbody Standard in Fire Red Burst
SE Pauls Guitar in any colour
S2 594 SC in Burnt Amber Burst
S2 594 in McCarty Sunburst

So, @Shawn@PRS , any guesstimates on when they’ll hit the streets? Moore Guitars is saying January 2021... yikes! Don’t tease us like that!!!

I’ve got some soul searching to do... or, more realistically, some internet searching to do, to see where I might be able to try out the full S2 and core 594 family, and see which guitar is for me.

Wow, now I have the dilemma of choosing between a SE HollowBody II or SE 594. Could have waited a couple of years between launches lol.

I was thinking the same thing. I think I will just change my SE HB pre-order, to the S2 594, even if it might be a longer wait. :)

Even though i have a core 594 i'm thinking of buying one...If i do i'd be stuffing 57/08 puppies in it and calling it a day! I like all 3 choices though. One can not have too many PRS guitars.

And the fact that they don't have maple caps, makes it much more difficult to put the switch on the upper bout. It could be done, but the tooling and cost might not be feasible. It's much easier when you can cut that route before putting on the maple cap.

That hadn't occurred to me, but it makes a lot of sense. I need to take another look to see how the volume knob positions compare. I'm pretty happy with the placement on my Core 594 and I seem to have adapted to the upper horn toggle switch very quickly. The other week I was playing my McSoaporina and was having problems switching pickups. I didn't seem to have any issues with my Tele.

I haven't decided if it's a good thing they aren't (yet?) offering a P90 version. I may not be able to resist that. I love mahogany and P90s. I almost bought a P90 594 but decided the humbucker version offered more tonal options so I went with that.

Finally the "correct" control layout, for me, with a 594 McCarty and what happens? A Pattern Thin neck profile...no beef, no go...oh well...

Finally the "correct" control layout, for me, with a 594 McCarty and what happens? A Pattern Thin neck profile...no beef, no go...oh well...

Yep. I was interested in the slimline until I saw pattern thin. Pattern vintage is my favorite neck I’ve ever felt from anybody. Admittedly that’s not a lot. But it feels perfect.

And to the p90 idea. I’ve got enough GAS as it is. Between this, the SE Paul’s, and SE HB, I don’t need another added to the list. But next yeah when they announce it. I’ll add it to the list haha. Hopefully by then I have at least one if not two of those checked off the list.

So, @Shawn@PRS , any guesstimates on when they’ll hit the streets? Moore Guitars is saying January 2021... yikes! Don’t tease us like that!!!

I’ve got some soul searching to do... or, more realistically, some internet searching to do, to see where I might be able to try out the full S2 and core 594 family, and see which guitar is for me.

They'll start trickling out in mid March, but it'll probably be about eight months before the entire backorder is fulfilled.

Back