S2 594 Announced!

Also intrigued. How much thinner is the body of the Thinline, compared to the S2 Custom 24? And I'm assuming it's thinner than the regular McCarty 594. I like the toggle switch placement better, I think, and the colors are certainly more unique too - love that antique white. I was thinking I really wanted the Singlecut, but now I'm not so sure...all three will be winners.

The S2 Thinline is the same thickness as an S2 Mira

The S2 Thinline is the same thickness as an S2 Mira

I have a new SE Mira, is that the same then? Seems about the same thickness as my S2 Custom 24, but never really cared to measure the two if different.

Pattern Vintage, how is that compared to a Pattern Regular?

Like the looks of the of the Thinline but wonder why the Pattern Thin neck and repositioned toggle switch? Wonder if they have anything to do with the thinner body?

I'm thinking the toggle switch placement is largely due to the body thickness. That's a lot of hole to cut to run the wire from the upper horn to the control cavity, even if it's not all one channel. Plus, I think you'd be weakening the upper horn pretty significantly by cutting the hole for the switch given the thinner body in general and lack of carve and the added wood there.

No offense to the man himself, but.... LES WHO?

S...C...H...E...F...M...A...N...

It's the same wire that is being used on the Core 594 models (the big stuff)

Firstly, Kudos for thinking to ask about this, and a special Kudos to PRS for using the "big stuff". Aside from the pattern vintage neck, I really liked the frets, but honestly had kind of forgotten about that detail. Makes me want one even more. :)

I'm thinking the toggle switch placement is largely due to the body thickness. That's a lot of hole to cut to run the wire from the upper horn to the control cavity, even if it's not all one channel. Plus, I think you'd be weakening the upper horn pretty significantly by cutting the hole for the switch given the thinner body in general and lack of carve and the added wood there.

S...C...H...E...F...M...A...N...

And the fact that they don't have maple caps, makes it much more difficult to put the switch on the upper bout. It could be done, but the tooling and cost might not be feasible. It's much easier when you can cut that route before putting on the maple cap.

Man, whatever department is in charge of introducing new products to different lines at PRS is KILLING IT!

These past months have seen some absolutely incredible product launches from PRS. So much to get excited about.

This company just nails it....every. single. time.

A few folks had hoped/dreamt of an S2 version of the 594, and many folks, including me, thought it was probably a reach too far. Wow! These will sell like hotcakes!

I probably won't get one, just because there are still other models I want, and I did just get a (DC) 594 semi-hollow...

The Thinline is speaking to me. I especially like that is has more vintage sounding pickups. I’d like to try the hollow body SE at some point too.

I have a new SE Mira, is that the same then? Seems about the same thickness as my S2 Custom 24, but never really cared to measure the two if different.

Pattern Vintage, how is that compared to a Pattern Regular?
I think the SE Mira is about the same thickness, but I've never measured them either.

necks.jpg

OH MY WORD.

The pattern vintage neck carve will now take over the world! BWAHAHAHHAHA!!!! :p:D

Really wish that thinline had the PV carve!

Just got educated while watching these that the locking tuners have been taken off the core series McCartys for 2020 in favor of these “vintage” tuners. Guess it’s back to tying string lock loops into strings when changing. That’s a vintage thing I wouldn’t want to return to relying on.

I wasn’t planning on any new guitars this year, but I can’t help but think that the thinline S2 594 would compliment my semihollow 594 perfectly...

So no 25” S2 Singlecut in 2020? I’m glad I bought mine last year.

I don’t understand PRS trying to make their own model LP/SG and Strats while they have so many original concepts.

But what do I know? I guess the market will decide.

What ever your paying Brian, double it, or give him a bonus, I love all of them. I like the acdc brightness of the thin line, the heft of the mcarty sc and the form factor of the double cut.

;)

Back