Rush mustard...

i did and it sure does imply bratkartoffeln (literally fry-potatoes) as pictured with onion chunks is german fries.

you know what the germans got right was that hot potato salad.
But it specifically does mention the name change from German Fries to French Fries or just 'Fries' in the US, which was my original point, the picture notwithstanding.

I'm gonna agree with you on the salad. They got certain tubular meat things right, too. ;)

But it specifically does mention the name change from German Fries to French Fries or just 'Fries' in the US, which was my original point, the picture notwithstanding.

I'm gonna agree with you on the salad. They got certain tubular meat things right, too. ;)
you know, there was a polish food cart in portland for a few months, with cabbage rolls, sausages, dumplings with sour cream, bacon and onions, cucumber salad, and a nice polish lady with the best accent. i was so sad when they moved away.

you know, there was a polish food cart in portland for a few months, with cabbage rolls, sausages, dumplings with sour cream, bacon and onions, cucumber salad, and a nice polish lady with the best accent. i was so sad when they moved away.
That's such great Polish food (and other Eastern European countries have very similar foods). I grew up on stuff like that as a kid!

Detroit has a very large Polish population; there were several great Polish restaurants here, most notably Double Eagle, but I don't think it exists any more. We still have Pierogi Day (filled dumplings), which is a Detroit tradition that lots and lots of people get into, myself included.

Back