Rush mustard...

They surrender faster.

My pops in laws very racist joke about the Italian flag, being a white circle on a white background.

(pity laugh)

Goes along with his three one liners about going to the doctors with a sort foot, knee and groin.

Doctor tells him that his foot could be “toe-burculosis”.

He also tested him for “knee-monia”.

My pops in laws punch line, he was praying that he hasn’t got “d!ck-theria”.

Ba-dum-dum-tischhhhhhhhhh.

(It’s one of those cymbals with the rivets)

Heh, my wife does, too. :eek:
Same here, girlfriend (of 15 years so wife ain't too far off as descriptor) also loves mayo on her fries! I don't care for it, but I don't find it repulsive!! Now most mustards (especially the hot dog stand ones) are about as appealing as brussells sprouts on a pile of dog sh!t!!! I would however try the Rush Mustard out of respect for the musical legends, but I ain't clicking the "Buy It Now" button!!!!

They surrender faster.
It pains me to see people dissing any soldiers who laid their lives on the line. I realize it's humor, but factually, it's terribly unfair.

You'll be surprised to know that the German soldiers regarded French troops as tougher soldiers than British or American troops. But not Russians. There are several well-documented sources corroborating this in pretty well-researched military history books.

In WW2, the French were out-generaled and out-planned. They were also outnumbered. Germany, with its larger population, could call up more troops. And surprise is always on the side of the attacker.

They were not out-fought for bravery. And it was French troops for the most part that held off the Germans to permit the Dunkirk evacuation.

The French have nothing to be ashamed of in their military history. Like the British in 1940, they were prepared to re-fight WW1, and had no training for new tactics. They were the victims of poor strategic planning, both in 1870 and 1940. But the French also literally created many battlefield tactics under Napoleon that are still military touchstones.

In WW1, they were formidable fighters, and once their generals got the message at the time of The Marne in 1914, they were very effective. They get a bad rap among people who haven't studied what really happened.

On the other hand, Russian troops, who were most feared, had 'NKVD (later the KGB) blocking detachments' who shot 130,000 Russian soldiers who retreated. In WW2 the Germans executed 30,000 troops officially for 'Defeatism'. In WW1, it was less than 100 for Germany. In WW2 the US executed around 250-ish for desertion. and the Brits pretty much the same amount.

That tells you what soldiers in democracies had to fear vs soldiers in totalitarian states.

The democracies were dealing with people under a far different threat of political terror than German or Russian troops. It's not fair to perpetuate this factually incorrect myth against the French military.

I'd also like to point out that the Free French troops fighting after D-Day and after the invasion of the South of France with the Allies acquitted themselves well in all subsequent operations.

Last edited:
There is a reason why the French Foreign Legion had a bad rap, they were badasses.

Also, French Fries are a method of preparation and have no country affiliation.

I only point this out, Les, as I hate to see a good snack dissed by people whom haven't done their research, either.

There is a reason why the French Foreign Legion had a bad rap, they were badasses.

I only point this out, Les, as I hate to see a good snack dissed by people whom haven't done their research, either.
If I recall correctly, the French call them pomme frites (fried apples, because they call potatoes earth apples).

Actually, I read in college that they were called German Fries, at least in the Detroit area, and my grandfather remembered the change when he was alive - he was in his 20's when it happened.

And to this day, though Wikipedia isn't the most authoritative source, it also confirms this:

"During World War I in the United States, due to Germany being an enemy of the United States,[3] "German" place names (such as Berlin, Ohio) and the adjective "German" were often expunged from the American language; by 1918, "French Fries," shortened to "fries", had won the name game in the United States and Canada".[2] During this time, the dish was sometimes referred to as "American fries", due to U.S. opposition to Germany during this time."

It's also the reason that Mr. Rickenbacher's guitars were named 'Rickenbacker' like Eddie Rickenbacker, the WW1 Ace. It sounded more American.

But, good sir, I do not diss the snack by pointing out its historical name. And I try to do my research, but I have a good memory for history. I'm glad you mentioned this in your post, though, because it was good to see it confirmed once again!

If I knew music as well as I know history I'd be a lot better at music!

Last edited:
Actually, I read in college that they were called German Fries, at least in the Detroit area, and my grandfather remembered the change when he was alive - he was in his 20's when it happened.

And to this day, though Wikipedia isn't the most authoritative source, it also confirms this:

"During World War I in the United States, due to Germany being an enemy of the United States,[3] "German" place names (such as Berlin, Ohio) and the adjective "German" were often expunged from the American language; by 1918, "French Fries," shortened to "fries", had won the name game in the United States and Canada".[2] During this time, the dish was sometimes referred to as "American fries", due to U.S. opposition to Germany during this time."

It's also the reason that Mr. Rickenbacher's guitars were named 'Rickenbacker' like Eddie Rickenbacker, the WW1 Ace. It sounded more American.

But, good sir, I do not diss the snack by pointing out its historical name. And I try to do my research, but I have a good memory for history. I'm glad you mentioned this in your post, though, because it was good to see it confirmed once again!

If I knew music as well as I know history I'd be a lot better at music!
sorry, but that pan of onions and stuff is not french fries. or even 'home fries'.

Last edited:
Back