Rush, Lifeson and PRS

Andrew, our videographer at PRS, was kind enough to help me with this. He suggested we go to the roof of the factory for the shot. I'm holding Alex's CE 24 with Tortoise Shell finish and LR Baggs X Bridge.

Wild Thing Hi Rez (1).jpg

I remember the PRS print ad with Alex Lifeson talking about how he was in the Royal Canadian Air Force, etc. Would be cool to see that again.

Strange how Alex never got a PRS signature electric model over the 15-20 years he was using PRS heavily. Then at the end he had the signature PRS acoustic. Seems like a wasted opportunity for PRS. Oh well.

Last edited:
Strange how Alex never got a PRS signature electric model over the 15-20 years he was using PRS heavily. Then at the end he had the signature PRS acoustic. Seems like a wasted opportunity for PRS. Oh well.
I think many of those years overlapped with the time period where PRS wasn’t doing signature models (Santana being an exception). Still, there was opportunity.

I remember the PRS print ad with Alex Lifeson talking about how he was in the Royal Canadian Air Force, etc. Would be cool to see that again.

I'm not sure PRS would have been able to compete with the dumptruck full of money Gibson likely parked on his driveway though in the final decade of Rush's existence... nice that they had what they had with the acoustic(s), the shout-out on the HB12 product copy and the fact that he was occasionally still using one or two PRSes live, and that probably didn't cost them anything.

We've got about 2 hours worth of songs in our set list so far, but that's not one of them. Love that album, though.

That was the first of theirs I bought, purely for that song. Great album, though. Interestingly, I first heard it as the theme song for a news program hosted by Connie Chung. :D

Back