Rumors

Yeah, but I can't lower myself to that level of stupid. Some of the f those posts make me want to go all......something not good. I have extremely low tolerance for all levels of whatever that is.

Oh I can...well, it might be more of a lateral move..kinda goes without saying.

I'll drop in after midnight and "shake their trees". See what falls out...then poke it with a stick.

I have a tele with a FLOYD ROSE!!!

(Shrieks and faints)

I've had a few Fenders, a couple ASAT classics. Now I have a Nash T57, an Anderson Mongrel (t body with s pickguard and electronics) and a Luxxtone choppa T (total customized monster)

If PRS made a good tele, I'd probably buy it, 6 saddles or no...

Hey, if you really want to break the internet, I can't think of a better way to do it than a tele-shaped PRS with a SUUUUUPER SKINNY 3-per side PRS shaped headstock. That could really do it. As much heat as the Silver Sky got, mostly for the headstock, do that about half the width of the standard headstock and you'll have online armageddon on yer hands...

If it's cool to do a new and improved strat for John Mayer, I don't see ANY reason why it would be less cool to do a new and improved tele for Brett Mason...

-Ray
Dayum... I wanted a high end strat 8 years ago and now I have the Silver Sky.
A bunch of buddies have been doing the Tele thing over the last 3 years or so and I'm interested to try one out (haven't yet).
My bank account is scared...:eek:

The thread on TGP did get a little angry. I think the whole purpose of the thread was to get folks worked up. Mission accomplished.

On a more important subject, Leo got the Telecaster right the first time. There is nothing I would rather play than a 50’s Tele. I’ll hide now.

I am a fan of the tele. I love that bridge pickup. Oddly enough, I've played a ton of them but never owned one.

The thread on TGP did get a little angry. I think the whole purpose of the thread was to get folks worked up. Mission accomplished.

To be fair, the silver sky thread on this forum was pretty much just to get us worked up... and it did... only thread ive seen where multiple posts got removed and the moderator stepped in...

I’m curious also. Those of us who won’t be there, how will we get the news? Hang around here waiting patiently for someone to post it?

I’m curious also. Those of us who won’t be there, how will we get the news? Hang around here waiting patiently for someone to post it?

I think you'll want to follow PRS on social media. There's also an unofficial picture thread here. If past experience is an indicator, there will be more info out there than you'll know what to do with.

There's a video up on this thread already.
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/experience-2018-photo-thread-unofficial.31522/#post-402208

I'd guess an SE Silver Sky is more likely than a Core Super Eagle.

WOW! A Core Super Eagle and a semi hollow SC594!

34793149_1800139590045674_4459968660928200704_n.jpg
34729735_1800139836712316_2236307729209622528_n.jpg

Last edited:
The coil split toggles are gone from the Super Eagle - super upset if that functionality has been removed from the Private Stock ones.

However it makes sense from a marketing angle. Core Super Eagle sales would eat into Silver Sky sales if you could split the humbuckers.

Last edited:
The coil split toggles are gone from the Super Eagle - super upset if that functionality has been removed from the Private Stock ones.

However it makes sense from a marketing angle. Core Super Eagle sales would eat into Silver Sky sales if you could split the humbuckers.

So what do those 2 toggles do? Is that for a preamp??

It’s not a Core Super Eagle. It’s a PRS Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition with 85/15MT humbuckers and a PRS Narrowfield middle pickup. The mini-toggles tap the humbuckers. I think they work just like the toggles on the Custom 24-08.

Yup. I've seen 'em too. Totally spaced it out. My bad...

-Ray
LOL, hey I figured maybe you were like me... I thought the Vela was cool and had a great vibe. I would have bought one except for one thing... that bridge. Not a Tele guy and don’t like that bridge style.

Back