Rules of Engagement on XPRS Sales Floor

If this is the deal that I was a part of, that is not how it went down. The one I had a part in was on the sales floor, not at a dealer booth. As far as I know, those guitars are open to any dealer to sell. I made a phone call to see if I could help out a friend and fellow forum brother. He couldn't afford the price he was quoted from a dealer. He really loved the guitar & I tried to help out.
I'll be glad to talk to anyone offline about details. I do not want to do any mud slinginig' here online. The deal I "witnessed/took part in" (as did quite a few other forum brothers) was just a friend trying help out a guy who was in love with a guitar. It all worked out in the end. The guy is getting his choice of 2 brand new guitars. He would've loved to have flown home with that guitar, but he now gets to cherry-pick the best one. A PRS Regional Rep was involved in this so I know there were no PRS rules broken. If I did something wrong, then let me know. I was just trying to help a dude out.
And just to be clear, I am not a dealer & am not employed by any dealers. I'm just a guitar junkie enabler.
Chris, if this is the deal I'm recalling, you were part of the solution, not the problem. Good on you for shedding a positive light on a dark situation. It resulted in a happy ending. :cool:

For once, I'm ecstatic not to have a clue what everyone's talking about. It's just like here, at home, with my wife and daughters...

Jamie

For once, I'm ecstatic not to have a clue what everyone's talking about. It's just like here, at home, with my wife and daughters...

Jamie

lol I find that this general rule/state of mind makes my life easier and my serenity remain intact.

Hans--your credit cards are probably smoked, but maybe you saved the hassle of a new drivers license. This happened to me once, and I was glad to get the wallet itself back for some reason.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23256 said:
Hey Chris, I am hearing about 4 different stories that match the OP's description. All of them involve different dealers and different buyers. It seems in all the hustle and bustle, there were several people who got their feathers ruffled.

NONE of the heartburn (that I heard about) had anything to do with you or your deal. Rest assured, brother, there is no mud on your shoes. You're a good guy and we all know it.

With the other stories, there is a lot of 2nd hand info so it's hard to know what really happened. Things aren't always what they seem. In one situation, a well known, long-standing, loved, and honest dealer was working a deal with a customer he had been selling to for over 15 years (the second deal with him of the day). The dealer was working up a number and the customer said something like "let me know, I'm going to walk around". The dealer walked over, delivered the price, and it created a misconception. Nothing rude or nefarious was intended. But we can all agree that it creates a plausable reason to raise an eyebrow. No doubt we all learn from things like this. Even the dealer. This is a relatively new thing. Those guys will find a rhythm. Be patient.

If there is a witch that requires burning, time will reveal all. In this case, I think we should chill out and pay closer attention to our etiquette next year. No doubt the dealers will.
That seems reasonable to me. Similar to my hypothetical situation in my 1st post. There's a good amount of PS or 1-off type guitars there, so that seems just fine aside from a bit of bad timing and how it maybe looked to bystanders.

Again, I have ZERO knowledge of any situation that took place.

Hans, I'm glad you got your wallet back despite the lack of cash. I felt terrible for you when you lost it. Been there before and it sucks.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23256 said:
If there is a witch that requires burning, time will reveal all.

Hey now!!

Anyway, glad you got your wallet back. Was Ridgback's with it from when his was stolen at the EXP several years earlier?

If this is the deal that I was a part of, that is not how it went down. The one I had a part in was on the sales floor, not at a dealer booth. As far as I know, those guitars are open to any dealer to sell. I made a phone call to see if I could help out a friend and fellow forum brother. He couldn't afford the price he was quoted from a dealer. He really loved the guitar & I tried to help out.
I'll be glad to talk to anyone offline about details. I do not want to do any mud slinginig' here online. The deal I "witnessed/took part in" (as did quite a few other forum brothers) was just a friend trying help out a guy who was in love with a guitar. It all worked out in the end. The guy is getting his choice of 2 brand new guitars. He would've loved to have flown home with that guitar, but he now gets to cherry-pick the best one. A PRS Regional Rep was involved in this so I know there were no PRS rules broken. If I did something wrong, then let me know. I was just trying to help a dude out.
And just to be clear, I am not a dealer & am not employed by any dealers. I'm just a guitar junkie enabler.

Hello Gents, I was the guy affected by said deal. First of all, I wanted to say a huge thanks to Chris. Really, he was just trying to help out and enable a friend. I am more than grateful for the opportunity even though it didn't pan out like I was expecting. Sure it was a bit disheartening, but oh well, I have moved on.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;23657 said:
Ooops. Sorry Aldy. I was referring to the "what else floats" variety. Not the "let's get nekkid" variety.

:rofl:

Wiccan practices include "Naked rituals"????? So....how does one sign up??? Are there any youtube instructional videos? :p

Back