Rubra likey....!!

I have a Paul's Guitar and I absolutely love it. It has a P90 vibe without the P90 noise.

They’re great! In the department of “Stuff I Like To Compare,” Paul’s pickups are a lot like a P90, and yet...different in frequency balance. Hard to put into words, so here are a couple of clips done with the bridge pickups on both. The first clip starts with P-90 and then goes into a humbucker part at the end. The second is done with Paul’s Guitar pickups.

594 Soapy (but there’s also a solo that starts halfway in on a different 594 with a humbucker):

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/messya-deux-v2

Paul’s Guitar pickups, same neck scale length as 594 (PS20Ltd):

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/pedaland-3

Not apples-to-apples, but gives an idea of tone differences. What I’m hearing is a more horn-like tone on the P-90s, especially on solos.

To me, these differences are a perfect reason everyone ought to have a 594 Soapbar AND a Paul’s Guitar. Kind of a win-win, right? :)

I have a Paul's Guitar and I absolutely love it. It has a P90 vibe without the P90 noise.

I picked one up a few months back. Absolutely love it. So versatile. Not sure why, but I was kind of surprised by it. It's quickly become a favorite.

Shawn, will Paul’s Guitar pickups fit in P90 routings....

Thinking out of the box. How about putting P’sG pups in a Se277 soap bar. Would they fit?

The "limited to 100" Experience 2018 Paul's Guitar was quite the talk at the actual Experience.

I might have been possibly tempted to snap one up, if it came in a different finish, but I already have a very nice PRS in Black Gold Wrap, and the Special Semi-hollow Limited called to me far, far stronger.

The gist I got from the show/website was that this is a slightly tweaked Paul's Guitar, not quite just another run of them. (Might explain why they discontinued the model this past year.) Slightly improved pups, and other magical PRS pixie dust (I say that is a non-demeaning way!).

I have had this model on my radar for a while, so I will probably pick one up eventually (a regular edition Paul's, not one of these Exp2018 models).

Les, every time I listen to Messya-deux, I get this image of titles rolling for a moody crime drama, set in Glasgow!

Nice one. Thanks for the clips:D

Les, every time I listen to Messya-deux, I get this image of titles rolling for a moody crime drama, set in Glasgow!

Why, that’s exactly what I was visualizing! A title roll for a moody crime drama set in Glasgow!

“Les, I thought you were visualizing making a tone comparison demo of a couple 594s?”

“Nope. Soundtrack, crime drama, Glasgow.”

The "limited to 100" Experience 2018 Paul's Guitar was quite the talk at the actual Experience.
I might have been possibly tempted to snap one up, if it came in a different finish, but I already have a very nice PRS in Black Gold Wrap, and the Special Semi-hollow Limited called to me far, far stronger.
The gist I got from the show/website was that this is a slightly tweaked Paul's Guitar, not quite just another run of them. (Might explain why they discontinued the model this past year.) Slightly improved pups, and other magical PRS pixie dust (I say that is a non-demeaning way!).
I have had this model on my radar for a while, so I will probably pick one up eventually (a regular edition Paul's, not one of these Exp2018 models).

We have similar taste... I went for the burnt maple leaf special that you picked up (and ended up with her sister a couple tables down) - technically that is a "shared" purchase with my son (which means I pay and he gets to keep it most of the time). I, on the other hand, did not have a black gold wrap guitar so I had to acquire one. I could not leave with just one part time guitar... know what I mean?

We have similar taste... I went for the burnt maple leaf special that you picked up (and ended up with her sister a couple tables down) - technically that is a "shared" purchase with my son (which means I pay and he gets to keep it most of the time).

I did one of those several years back. Here’s how it worked out for me:

I bought it for him, he played it for several years, and then I bought it back from him.

There are times you can’t win. ;)

That'
I did one of those several years back. Here’s how it worked out for me:

I bought it for him, he played it for several years, and then I bought it back from him.

There are times you can’t win. ;)
That's true fatherhood.

That’s funny that you said that. I watched the video of him playing at Exp, and thought “that almost sounds like P90s.”

WOAH! That tone is stupid good! Sigh...yet another model added to my ever growing bucket list of must have PRSi!

Back