Row Of Dominoes - Grissom Tab

Discussion in 'Artists & Music' started by Shawn@PRS, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Shawn@PRS

Shawn@PRS yogi
    Staff Member Moderator

Does anyone know of a tab of David's solo in Joe Ely's Row of Dominoes? David was the first person I ever saw playing a PRS guitar and he really floored me. Row of Dominoes is such a kick ass song, but Grissom enhances it so much with his playing. The dude is a master of his craft. Anyway, does anyone know of a tab for this solo or is anyone to able to tab it out?

2. WeFixFlats

WeFixFlats Respect The Clave

3. Shawn@PRS

Shawn@PRS yogi
    Staff Member Moderator

David is an awesome guy, but he intimidates the hell out of me as a player. Asking him for tips on playing would be like asking Mickey Mantle for tips on hitting a baseball.

4. WeFixFlats

5. Shawn@PRS

Shawn@PRS yogi
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't get the videos to load, but I'll check them out at home. Overall, how would you rate the Truefire lesson program?

6. WeFixFlats

I have the first one, but not the second one. I got some ideas from his lessons/demos, but my personal guitar 'tone profile' isn't like his these days, so I ended up getting distracted with other lessons I already had bought. And it's interesting, to me anyway, that if you watch the 1st lesson tape and then watch and listen live, you might say to yourself(like I did) A Ha~!...there's the technique he demonstrates...like the double note bends, ascending and descending for instance. By the way, he always using the bridge pickup.

Shawn@PRS likes this.
  7. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

The short cut on my desk top looks cool, and the app on the iPad does as well. If I would only open it once in a while :oops:

They're actually pretty good. Although, I'm pretty sure you could find a lot of stuff for free on You Tube. However, it's handy for tracking progress, and all that stuff.

Shawn@PRS likes this.
  8. alantig

alantig Santana-free since '63!

I have the audio (and handouts) from David's master class at Experience a few years ago. He covers a nice chunk of his soloing philosophy.

Shawn@PRS likes this.
  9. Goldtop

Goldtop A Top (and Heart) of Gold

I can absolutely identify with that! I'm a huge David Grissom fan, and when I had a chance to meet him a few years back I turned into a complete fool. (It didn't help that I met Mr. Smith earlier that same day and was almost a basket case then too.) I think I managed not to embarrass myself too badly with either one of them, but it was close. Thankfully, both of them were very kind and accommodating.

Lloyd

Shawn@PRS likes this.