Row Of Dominoes - Grissom Tab

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Does anyone know of a tab of David's solo in Joe Ely's Row of Dominoes? David was the first person I ever saw playing a PRS guitar and he really floored me. Row of Dominoes is such a kick ass song, but Grissom enhances it so much with his playing. The dude is a master of his craft. Anyway, does anyone know of a tab for this solo or is anyone to able to tab it out?

I can't get the videos to load, but I'll check them out at home. Overall, how would you rate the Truefire lesson program?

I have the first one, but not the second one. I got some ideas from his lessons/demos, but my personal guitar 'tone profile' isn't like his these days, so I ended up getting distracted with other lessons I already had bought. And it's interesting, to me anyway, that if you watch the 1st lesson tape and then watch and listen live, you might say to yourself(like I did) A Ha~!...there's the technique he demonstrates...like the double note bends, ascending and descending for instance. By the way, he always using the bridge pickup.

I can't get the videos to load, but I'll check them out at home. Overall, how would you rate the Truefire lesson program?

The short cut on my desk top looks cool, and the app on the iPad does as well. If I would only open it once in a while :oops:

They're actually pretty good. Although, I'm pretty sure you could find a lot of stuff for free on You Tube. However, it's handy for tracking progress, and all that stuff.

David is an awesome guy, but he intimidates the hell out of me as a player. Asking him for tips on playing would be like asking Mickey Mantle for tips on hitting a baseball.

I have the audio (and handouts) from David's master class at Experience a few years ago. He covers a nice chunk of his soloing philosophy.

David is an awesome guy, but he intimidates the hell out of me as a player. Asking him for tips on playing would be like asking Mickey Mantle for tips on hitting a baseball.
I can absolutely identify with that! I'm a huge David Grissom fan, and when I had a chance to meet him a few years back I turned into a complete fool. (It didn't help that I met Mr. Smith earlier that same day and was almost a basket case then too.) I think I managed not to embarrass myself too badly with either one of them, but it was close. Thankfully, both of them were very kind and accommodating.

Lloyd

Back