Rough one

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
After an extremely LONG, HARD day at work, this is all I need to settle down for the evening. :D

55504283_10161541890220331_2927859985704550400_n.jpg

Picked up a bottle of this Saturday. Will crack at some point this week.

Since you’re a connoisseur of fine beverages, I believe you’ll appreciate its fine bouquet and taste. I drink it neat for the most part.

Grabbed it on your recommendation! I likely just toss one of those little stone ice thingys in my glass.

All I suggest is taking one tiny sip before you do that, just to grok how good it is. But yeah, it’s great on rocks and in martinis, too.

All I suggest is taking one tiny sip before you do that, just to grok how good it is. But yeah, it’s great on rocks and in martinis, too.

Oh no, no ice. I have those little stone cubes that you put in the freezer. They keep your beverage cold, and don't water it down. If I'm going rocks, I use one of those molds that makes ice spheres the size of a racquetball. They melt very, very slow.

Oh no, no ice. I have those little stone cubes that you put in the freezer. They keep your beverage cold, and don't water it down. If I'm going rocks, I use one of those molds that makes ice spheres the size of a racquetball. They melt very, very slow.

I always thought that was what was being alluded to....whiskey stones (stones that retain cold temperatures to chill a drink without melting), as I've heard them be called. Originally "on the rocks" was referring to whiskey stones and over time just began to mean "over ice".

I have no substantial proof or evidence regarding this theory, just where I had figured "on the rocks" was derived from. Nobody wants their whiskey (or other fine spirit) to be watered down by ice, do they?

Back