rotate or file trem arm bushing?

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by TFC, Nov 17, 2018.

1. TFC

TFC That guitar really tied the room together

When I insert the tremolo bar on my 1993 CE 24 it sits at an angle too far up/away from the strings. The problem is caused by the bushing, which seems to be a bit misshapen. I can feel a tiny bump on the inside of the bushing as I insert the bar. Ideally, the bushing should be replaced, but I'd like to avoid that hassle if possible. If I can rotate the bushing so that the bump is in a different spot, I should be able to get the bar at the angle I like.

Has anyone done that before? I tried to move it with needle nose pliers but no luck.

I suppose I could also try to file down the bump. What kind of tool would fit inside the bushing and allow me to do that?

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. BrianC

BrianC more toys than talent

I find ALL of the arms too LOW for me. I want it up a tad so I put the short end in a vise and bend it. I draw it on paper first tracing one I have done before that I like. Takes 2 minutes and works so much better for me.

garrett likes this.
  3. TFC

TFC That guitar really tied the room together

Well that's another option. Thanks for the idea.