ROTARY SWITCH ?

helmi

single & satin
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but has PRS ever made a 3-way rotary switch. If not, can anyone suggest a brand to buy? I have a 07 singlecut with 3 pups. I want to be able to access the 3 pups individually/only. I don't want any combinations. bridge/middle/neck. from what I understand, NOBODY makes a 3-way toggle switch that will achieve this.

Sounds like a custom job to me.
I'd just go 5-way and have it wired the way you want it. You'll be able to do your 3 PUs individually and a couple more sounds,
Not only that, if your guitar tech is worth his salt, they can wire it in any sequence of the knob you want.

I know of no such three-position beast. Seems that all the solutions are more complicated than that: 5 or 6 way rotary; 6-way Free-Way toggle switch; regular three-way toggle with independent volume for middle pickup.

I *think* you simply need a 1 Pole 3 Position Rotary Switch (select between 3 hots to one output). If you do an Internet search with those terms, it might get you a little closer to what you are looking for.

Back