rosewood neck upkeep?

littleredguitars2

hey everyone. looking to see if i should be doing anything specific to keep my ME1's Brazilian rosewood neck in as good a "health" as possible. should i use any cleaners or wax's or anything on these necks?

any suggestions welcome! thanks

PRS recommended cleaning with lemon oil fretboard cleaner, followed by a light swipe of furniture polish on a cloth, like Behold or Pledge.

If the neck gets a little “furry” from hand sweat, it can be taken back to smooth with a few strokes of ultra-fine micro mesh. Then follow up as per the above.

Worked like a charm on the ones I had.

PRS recommended cleaning with lemon oil fretboard cleaner, followed by a light swipe of furniture polish on a cloth, like Behold or Pledge.

If the neck gets a little “furry” from hand sweat, it can be taken back to smooth with a few strokes of ultra-fine micro mesh. Then follow up as per the above.

like a steel wool?

I was just wondering the same thing the other day... Thanks!

I am really happy with 3000 grit sandpaper ( at most autoparts stores its more like a sponge that anything ) and a bit of fretboard oil if there are any rough spots, a dab of fretboard oil and a microfiber cloth at string changes and a just a microfiber cloth wipe after playing

Back