Rosewood Acoustics - cant get enough

ME TOO!!! Lovin' It. Next string change pop on some elixir nanoweb 80/20 bronze lights / .012-.053 and see what you think! ENJOY!

i am still loving how my SE Angelus just fills the room. it is amazing.

:rock:

It's funny, when my son Jamie came to visit, at one point he walked into the room and I was playing my US acoustic, and he said, "Your guitar fills the room with sound!" Your exact words!

I think it's the overall design, not just the woods, because mine is maple.

ME TOO!!! Lovin' It. Next string change pop on some elixir nanoweb 80/20 bronze lights / .012-.053 and see what you think! ENJOY!

After some experimentation with my US acoustics, I honestly think that the D'Addario Bluegrass set, with medium bottoms and light tops, is the best sounding with the guitars, and is what PRS recommends. Try a set of these, they sound significantly better than the Elixirs to my ear. The guitars employ the same overall design, so they should work with the SEs as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip on the Bluegrass set - much appreciated! So far on my SE Custom I have tried D'addario EJ16 (came with), D'addario EXP Lights, and Elixer 80/20 Poly and Nano Lights. The guitar has liked them all with a very slight edge going to the Nano's. I've really enjoyed experimenting with different strings. By the way - the US acoustics, yours included, are absolutely "TO DIE FOR" WORKS OF ART!!!

After some experimentation with my US acoustics, I honestly think that the D'Addario Bluegrass set, with medium bottoms and light tops, is the best sounding with the guitars, and is what PRS recommends. Try a set of these, they sound significantly better than the Elixirs to my ear. The guitars employ the same overall design, so they should work with the SEs as well.
I agree that bluegrass strings are an excellent match for PRS. I'm trying a few brands but can't see changing to a different gauge.

Back