Roll Call of Locations

Spent my life in NY/DC but my journey has taken me to Delaware, which is a pretty boring state. Most folks here like it that way. It's the home of the three C's--corporations, chemicals and chickens. In fact, the local saying is that there are more chickens than people in Delaware.

during summer breaks between college, I built chicken houses on the Eastern Shore - some of them in DE.......

The flag was taken from the Calvert family coat of arms. George Calvert was the first Lord of Baltimore and received a land grant from King James I of England.

That's the orange and black part. The red and white pard is from the Crosslands coat of arms, Calvert's mother's family...

I'm in beautiful Southern Carroll County, MD

carrsc.gif

We are a retirement county and a bedroom county for Baltimore, DC and the Secret Green Building at Ft George G. Meade. So secret - there aren't any pictures of it...

pict9021.jpg

Ok, there are a few pics...

I live fairly close to Liberty Reservoir...

MD-LibertyReservoir.jpg

But all anyone can talk about at the moment is this:

baltimore_ravens_logo_hd_wallpaper-HD.jpg

Last edited:
Spent my life in NY/DC but my journey has taken me to Delaware, which is a pretty boring state. Most folks here like it that way. It's the home of the three C's--corporations, chemicals and chickens. In fact, the local saying is that there are more chickens than people in Delaware.

I know about chicken farms in Delaware. I went to HS at a boarding school in Delaware that was downwind sometimes from a chicken farm that was maybe a mile away. Not a pleasant experience. Good school, though.

The surrounding town is a lot bigger now than it was when I was there.

1318264520.jpg

SFCollageTest3.png

Greetings from California
, known for:

This is where Jed Clampet moved his family after striking it rich with Black Gold/Texas Tea while hunting for some food.

Swimming pools, movie stars.

A couple of mice that live in a Magic Kingdom.

A chimp named Bobo and his keeper who lived at Neverland Ranch.

Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Redwood Trees. They make great decks.

Napa Valley Wine. Mmmmm - me likey.

L.A. Lakers, Sacramento Kings, L.A. Clippers, Golden State Warriors, L.A. Dodgers, Angels of Anaheim, Oakland A's, SF Giants, San Diego Padres, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, SF Forty Niners, Anaheim Ducks, L.A. Kings, San Jose Sharks, L.A. Galaxy, San Jose Earthquakes.

The original 49'ers and the The Gold Rush

Silicon Valley and Apple Computer.

California is the home to Fender, G&L, Taylor, Carvin, Rickenbacker, Tom Anderson, Remo, Daisy Rock, Dean Markley, Pork Pie, Ernie Ball, Groove Tubes, DW Drums, Paiste, EMG, Mesa Boogie, Rivera, VHT, Divided by Thirteen, etc.

Avacados.

Earthquakes.

Yosemite.

Death Valley.

The Golden Gate Bridge.

The Beach Boys, Cypress Hill, Dokken, Eagles, Tower of Power, Santana, Black Eyed Peas, Beck, Incubus, The Go-Go's, Metallica, Motley Crue, No Doubt, Gun's n Roses, Ice-T, Frank Zappa, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Snoop Dogg, Sublime, System of a Down, Weezer, Jefferson Airplane, Cake, Journey, & Buck Owens.

Born and raised in Toledo Ohio - Land of the Jeep! I'm a U of Toledo Engineering Grad.

Moved to Fresno California for one year. Great Wine, Loved Yosemite and the Redwoods.

Moved to Detroit area. Have lived in Wixom Michigan, Chesterfield Township, Mount Clemens, Northville and Saline. Spent many years working in automotive engineering and manufacturing. Cars, Motown music, Hockey! Earned my MBA at U of Michigan.

Lived in Indianapolis - Go Colts!

Lived in Bloomington, Illinois - Corn!

Lived in Coldwater Michigan on Coldwater Lake and Angola, Indiana on Jimmerson Lake - Boating, Fishing and loving life!

Two years in Munich Germany, Learned to appreciate awesome beer and good driving. The autobahn should be worldwide. Austiner Edestoff is the best!

Now in South Bend. Home of the fighting Irish and imaginary girlfriends. My wife is very real... Now I manufacture boats and play guitar.

Greetings from California
, known for:

California is the home to Fender, G&L, Taylor, Carvin, Rickenbacker, Tom Anderson, Remo, Daisy Rock, Dean Markley, Pork Pie, Ernie Ball, Groove Tubes, DW Drums, Paiste, EMG, Mesa Boogie, Rivera, VHT, Divided by Thirteen, etc.

That's a pretty impressive list of manufacturers! I'm a big fan of the ones in bold, not that the others aren't relevant too.

Cape Town South Africa

Best known for our hero Nelson Mandela, being an absolutely beautiful country, making some fine guitars for Crosby Stills and Nash (Mark Maingard Guitars).

searchq=cape+town+south+africa&hl=en&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sPkLUbbBN4POhAfS1YGICg&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1920&bih=916

I'm from Oneonta, AL, population 15,000. We have a Walmart, a high school, and then oddly, the #1 public golf course in the state. I think my guitars are the coolest thing in this city haha. I currently live in Tuscaloosa and attend the University of Alabama, so a larger place than home. I need to travel more haha.

Who else is out there? I've got the winter blahs and I need to dream about vacation destinations. Post up some places folks

Hans posted a nice and warm vacation destination the other day, with lovely name "The Door to Hell" :rock:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;51897 said:
A lot of videos have been showing the Darvaza Gas Crater in Turkmenestein as the impact site.

Wiki - The Derweze area is rich in natural gas. While drilling in 1971, Soviet geologists tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas. The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of 230 feet. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided the best solution was to burn it off. Geologists had hoped the fire would use all the fuel in a matter of days. It is still burning. Locals have dubbed the cavern "The Door to Hell".

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Bluefade, I'm also originally from Springfield MA

Springfield-Massachusetts.jpg

Relocated to Fort Lauderdale, FL in late teens

Fort%20Lauderdale%20FL.jpg

Then to Sacramento, CA in twenties

Sacramento.jpg

Then to Portland, OR in thirties

PDX-Hood.jpg

Then current home of Charlotte, NC in um... (recent age bracket)

Charlotte,_NC_Skyline_(11-13-06).jpg

Back