Rocker Amp Stands

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
A certain guy I just bought two new guitar straps from is launching another new product some of you may be interested in.
I am going to get one for my 1x12 combo amp I have.

I called him up today to tell him I dig my new strap that showed up today, and to let him know I placed my order for a second one.
We go to talking and he told me he has a new product coming out soon, and I mentioned to him about the Atlas stands, those nice wood ones we have seen here in a few threads.
Those things are expensive, starting off as much as an SE guitar.
His will be much cheaper, and you tilt it back with your finger, and no need to tighten anything, it locks into place when you tilt it.
You do have to drill into the bottom of your combo though, not a big deal to me.

Here is the website, and if any of you are interested in it, you can sign up on his page to be let known when they become available.
http://rockerampstand.com/

Mike, the owner I spoke to is on the left side of the video, and that is his son with him.

i-retractable-rear-legs.jpg
i-lightweight-small-footprint.jpg

On this page they have a pic you can spin with your mousie to see the front, sides, and back.
http://www.rockerampstand.com/about.asp

If you want to get on Mike's mailing list, here is the page.
http://www.rockerampstand.com/contact.asp?mailing-list

Last edited by a moderator:
Found two more videos from him, subscribed so I will know when they make more vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thoughts on this stand?

The part where the stand has to be screwed to the amplifier absolutely eliminates it from consideration for me.

Not only does it devalue the amp for possible resale, but I wouldn't be able to put even a small grab and go amp as easily in the back seat of a car, and wouldn't be able to use casters that come with lots of amps (such as a Mark V) because the legs are too tall.

Something like the Atlas, or even an inexpensive metal stand, folds up, stows away, doesn't need to be permanently attached, and doesn't interfere with the use of casters.

I have one of the early 90s Mesa gas-tube adjustable legs, that doesn't have to be permanently attached, is very small, and works just as easily to tilt a combo back to any angle. It literally attaches with one clamp, that takes about 5 seconds. Then you simply tilt the amp to any angle you want.

They did a nice job mechanically implementing the concept, but it's just not something I'd ever consider. However, it might be useful for a permanent installation, like a church or studio, where the amp is unlikely to be moved often and would be easily adjusted by different players who come in to use it without having to fuss or have the stand get misplaced.

I could definitely see it for that purpose. However in my studio I use acoustic isolation stands with cabinets, so again, I've got no real use for it.

Last edited:
I am wondering of the stock feet on my amp its holes may line up with one of these.
Regardless, I am going to get one to try on my little 30 watt combo.
I do not care about the resale value, my son who plays guitars gets my hand me downs.

I am wondering of the stock feet on my amp its holes may line up with one of these.
Regardless, I am going to get one to try on my little 30 watt combo.
I do not care about the resale value, my son who plays guitars gets my hand me downs.

My son has reached the point where he turns his nose up at my hand me downs unless they are world class items. LOL!

The part where the stand has to be screwed to the amplifier absolutely eliminates it from consideration for me.

Not only does it devalue the amp for possible resale, but I wouldn't be able to put even a small grab and go amp as easily in the back seat of a car, and wouldn't be able to use casters that come with lots of amps (such as a Mark V) because the legs are too tall.

This, plus the fact that I am not convinced the vibration of the amp won't shake it out of place. Neat idea, looks great installed, but has a few too many drawbacks.

Back