Rock and Roll HOF Fan Vote 2018

Good thing I ditched FB... otherwise y'all would be wondering who the f@ck voted for LLCoolJ and Depeche Mode.

So, you know I love you and all, but... I don't get it. Last time I checked, Michael Jordan isn't in the NFL Hall of Fame. Vince Lombardi isn't in the MLB Hall of Fame. I mean, if there was a rap hall of fame, I wouldn't expect to see Led Zeppelin or Van Halen there. If this is a rock and roll hall of fame, how is ANYONE who is not rock and roll even considered? I doubt of Garth Brooks or Dolly Parton are insulted that they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. How are rappers and hip hoppers even considered?

I don't know, ask the RRHoF goons. They're the one's who asked me to autograph a guitar for them while I was performing there in a hiphop band. What do you want me to say? It's a silly organization that doesn't make any sense.

I'm not saying anything about whether I like it, whether it's good, NOTHING like that. But it's not rock and roll. I just don't get it. And why it's confusing to me, is that I don't see forms of music that are much closer to being rock and roll (like some modern country for example) because they still say, "no, that's country" yet they list hip hop and rap artists for nomination.

I'm just being honest here. What would Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Eddie Van Halen or pick "your guys" say, if they were inducted into the Country Music HOF? Or the Rap HOF? I know what David Lee Roth would say. He'd say "Thanks (ok, I gave DLR my manors on that one) but, WHY AM I HERE?" Come to think of it, that would make for the great name of a song for Circus Maximus!

Last edited by a moderator:
What do half of the past inductees have to do with rock-n-roll? You're getting hung up on the name. It's not any more about rock-n-roll than those crab cakes you ate are about crab meat. It's just a pile of fishy crap smashed together for the greatest number of people to enjoy and consume.

Well, for me, since Jann Wenner's tirade about Rush's induction speech, The R&R HoF is kinda silly...but check out LL Cool J with Brad Paisley..."Accidental Racist"...very interesting take on the issues this country is facing. And a great song...

The RRHOF was pretty much a joke long before the Rush thing. The idea of hand-picking the members of a band that's being inducted - if you're inducting Van Halen, you induct everyone who was ever in the band. The ridiculous way they pick and choose who has certain restrictions on speeches and performances...

I admit, I watch it every year (well, record and fast-forward to the parts I care about). I just don't pretend it actually means anything.

Went with Sister Rosetta, Link Wray, the MC5, Bon Jovi and Radiohead. Talk about a motley crew...

wait, now you've really got my interest. What is this "Rush thing?" missed that

Radiohead is getting their butts kicked in the fan voting, which invalidates the whole exercise for me.

I'm a pretty casual fan of Radiohead, but I don't think there's a more influential post-Nirvana band.

Alex's acceptance speech. It was a classic. Especially watching the other guys behind him.

Geddy later said he was ready to strangle him dead at about the three minute mark. :D

Back